The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Triode MK3 driver board, RX1 adjustment

Norm7057

Triode MK3 driver board, RX1 adjustment Empty Triode MK3 driver board, RX1 adjustment

Post by Norm7057 Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:10 pm

Just received new upgrade boards from Triode for my MK3's, but no documentation came with them. The documentation on their web site doesn't even mention the RX1 10K pot. It's the weekend, and I was hoping to get these amps up and running. Smile

The only thing I'm not sure of is how to properly adjust the setting for the RX1 potentiometer.
    It appears to be a balance adjustment for the 12BH7 plates but, still, I'd feel better knowing what I need to be looking at before installing the boards in my amps.

Any information on this pot on this would be deeply appreciated.

-Norm Bryant
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Triode MK3 driver board, RX1 adjustment Empty Re: Triode MK3 driver board, RX1 adjustment

Post by Bob Latino Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi Norm,

That 10K pot is part of the phase splitter section of the driver circuit. You should set it before you install it so that you get an equal amount of resistance from the center pin to each outer pin. That pot won't measure exactly 10K but lets say it measures 10.2K. You would then measure the resistance from the center pin to each outer pin until and slowly turn the pot's adjustment screw until you get 5.1K from the center pin to each outer pin.

Bob
    Norm7057

Triode MK3 driver board, RX1 adjustment Empty Re: Triode MK3 driver board, RX1 adjustment

Post by Norm7057 Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 am

Thanks, Bob, for the info. I got the old VTVM out and did a resistance check on it, and it was within a hair's breadth of being right on 10K. I set the wiper as near to mid-way as possible, soldered them in, installed the boards in my amps, and everything sounds really nice.
    These Mk3's have almost as much punch as my Cary SLM-100s do, and I think they sound even smoother! Nice amps!
    Thanks again for your information on all of this. It is deeply appreciated.

-Norm Bryant

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:25 pm