The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Tube Addiction

Sprags

Tube Addiction Empty Tube Addiction

Post by Sprags Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Well....I got my VTA ST-120 with the upgraded tubes and caps along with a Stepped Attenuator and Time Delay Relay and an SP10 preamp built by Roy Mottram and Bob Latino and despite accidentally having to temporarily substitute the Sylvania 8514A's with JJ ECC82 / 12AU7's I am now spoiled. This amp and preamp sound fantastic! Right now I'm playing some Miles Davis in triode mode and the definition and dynamics and clarity is incredible. I now have about 12 hours of listening time in and I do notice the sound getting better and better. I'm not super wealthy so I'm just using a pair of refurbished slightly higher quality Polk Audio speakers I got through the Polk Audio eBay store and a Marantz CD5004 CD player I found on Audiogon. This system sounds so much better that the Sony receiver and CD player and Bose speakers I've been listening to music with for years.

Thank you Bob and Roy!

Sincerely,

Blake

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:43 am