The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

no power from TDR board

oldvstar

no power from TDR board Empty no power from TDR board

Post by oldvstar Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:15 am

I don't like my first post on this forum to be a "Help" post but here it is; I just finished building a VTA ST70 including a TDR, and the first thing I did was test the TDR board. The red LED turns on when I turn on the amp and after ~17 seconds it goes out and the green LED turns on. Looks good so far, but when I check there is no voltage on pins 4 & 6 on V1. When I did this check again I noticed that even though the green LED turned on I did not hear a click from the relay. I double checked the component and wiring installation and it seems ok but the relay is not activating. What should I check to fix this?
    Nothing like having a new amp and I can't play any music.
    Thanks.

Terry
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

no power from TDR board Empty Re: no power from TDR board

Post by Bob Latino Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:06 am

Hi Terry,

There should be an audible click when the relay turns on ..

Unsolder enough wires to the TDR board until you can get at the BOTTOM of the board. Double check to see if all 6 connections of the board to the relay are soldered. Resolder any connections that are unsoldered OR maybe look like they are partially soldered.

Bob
    oldvstar

no power from TDR board Empty works

Post by oldvstar Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks Bob, don't know how I missed it but one pin was not soldered. I now have the kit up and running, everything else seems to work perfectly.
    Terry
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi Terry,

Glad to hear that you are up and running .. Don't feel bad. I have also forgotten to solder a connection now and then ...

Bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:33 am