The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Why I like this board and its population

deepee99
    deepee99

Why I like this board and its population Empty Why I like this board and its population

Post by deepee99 Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:20 pm

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with (names redacted to protect the guilty) who had gobs of advice on an issue I have been pondering about but could not suss. His advice was spot-on.
    Think about this: a fellow bottle-head picks up his phone and spends three fourths of an hour of his own, and I am sure, billable time, to help a stranger through a concept.
    Love this place.
    sKiZo, this is your place to put the Burning Man back in. I feel like celebrating, now that all the cops have gone to bed.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Why I like this board and its population Empty Re: Why I like this board and its population

Post by sKiZo Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:32 pm

Happy to oblige ...

Why I like this board and its population Lighting-farts

It's not just bottleheads either. I called about a CL posting a couple days back for an old mechanical clock. It had been sold, but we prattled on for a good half hour about this and that, including trading tricks on getting some of these old rascals running again ...
    deepee99
    deepee99

Why I like this board and its population Empty Re: Why I like this board and its population

Post by deepee99 Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:44 am

sKiZo wrote:Happy to oblige ...

Why I like this board and its population Lighting-farts

It's not just bottleheads either. I called about a CL posting a couple days back for an old mechanical clock. It had been sold, but we prattled on for a good half hour about this and that, including trading tricks on getting some of these old rascals running again ...
    sKiZo, flaming is a Navy thing.
    You want mechanical clock advice, PM me. There are a dozen or so in this household; most run on coal. Chelseas, Beckers, etc., and an old Soviet submarine clock I got in Magadan in trade for a bottle of Skyy vodka. (Best trading stock you can take to Russia is decent vodka. Go figure.) Takes most of a Sunday morning to wind them.
    Steam powered clocks are a lot like tube hi-fi. You gotta know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy, but how else you gonna find an escapement wheel for a 10-inch admiral's clock, or the perfect 6SN7?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:20 pm