The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

PAS Tone Control bypass switch(s)?

richtp
    richtp

PAS Tone Control bypass switch(s)? Empty PAS Tone Control bypass switch(s)?

Post by richtp Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:06 pm

I know there is a lot of debate on defeating the tone controls on a Pas preamp. Mine is currently defeated. I have been thinking of either putting in a few multi-pole switches or a dip switch so they can be bypassed or easily turned back on.
    Mine is currently defeated with jumpers between terminals 11,12 bad 13 and 4,5 and 6 and 3 and 10 from the treble pots lifted from the board.

Wouldn't running one jumper from terminals 6 and 7 as well as 13 and 14 and opening the circuit on term. 3 and 10 to the treble pots defeat the tone controls? Or would the 2 .0075 caps still affect the circuit?

I could use 2 switches (2pole) if that's the case.
    But I am probably missing something.

If that won't work I'll try dip switches.

Any thoughts?
    audioregenesis
    audioregenesis

PAS Tone Control bypass switch(s)? Empty Re: PAS Tone Control bypass switch(s)?

Post by audioregenesis Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Jumpering as you suggest would result in same thing as if the bass boost was turned to max. Both sides of the pot must be jumpered to the wiper to bypass the bass pot. Removing the connection to the wiper of the treble pot would properly bypass the treble, though.
    richtp
    richtp

Post by richtp Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Thank you! Looking at the schematic I see that now. I found a rotary 2 position 6 pole switch I am going to try. Now the big challenge is finding a place to put it without drilling holes.Not sure if it's worth the effort? But why not (:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 pm