The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Single Ended versus Push-Pull -- An amusing and informative article.

Tube Nube
    Tube Nube

Single Ended versus Push-Pull -- An amusing and informative article. Empty Single Ended versus Push-Pull -- An amusing and informative article.

Post by Tube Nube Tue May 03, 2016 6:16 pm

It goes a bit beyond me, so it'll be worth going back for a bit more of a careful study. Perhaps with a reference book or two in hand.

It is funny. We can forgive the few errors, like the "inherit" properties of a vacuum tube.

http://www.x3mhc.no/dokumenter/SE-v-PP-Part1.pdf
    Kentley
    Kentley

Single Ended versus Push-Pull -- An amusing and informative article. Empty Re: Single Ended versus Push-Pull -- An amusing and informative article.

Post by Kentley Wed May 04, 2016 12:57 am

A great read. Reminds me, again, that the Art of the Audiopile involves the choice of poisons. Do you prefer hemlock, or cyanide?
    Tube Nube
    Tube Nube

Single Ended versus Push-Pull -- An amusing and informative article. Empty Re: Single Ended versus Push-Pull -- An amusing and informative article.

Post by Tube Nube Wed May 04, 2016 1:13 am

Yes. While he's unapologetically favouring SE for his own tastes, I thought he did a great job of laying out the differences and their implications. He wasn't maligning one more than another . . . well, he did kinda trash Class B, and my old Naim Nait2 operates in Class B. I'm not sure if all their stuff is Class B, but I'm sure Naim-o-philes would feel he was a bit unfair on that point.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Tue May 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Most informative article I ever read about SE v. PP amps was that an SE amp was like pedalling a bicycle with just one foot.
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Post by Roy Mottram Wed May 18, 2016 6:26 pm

excellent article !! covers everything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:34 pm