The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

For those of us with some form of digitalis, an informative read

deepee99
    deepee99

For those of us with some form of digitalis, an informative read Empty For those of us with some form of digitalis, an informative read

Post by deepee99 Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Admit it. We're addicted to the sound our tubes make when they're happy, but unless you're self-limited to vinyl (I go through phases) we most of us all have some digital peripherals, even if just a CD player.
    Here's a very thorough discussion of how to deal with (and overcome) one of digital's most annoying distortions: jitter.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/0509/
    Dogstar

For those of us with some form of digitalis, an informative read Empty Re: For those of us with some form of digitalis, an informative read

Post by Dogstar Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:53 pm

I do enjoy listening to vinyl very much but for the most part I rely on CD's for the majority of my music. I really prefer not hearing the clicks and pops on an LP that was not maintained. Rarely will I purchase a used LP. Those silly hipsters can have those LP's that were used and abused for all those years. Most people back in the day did not have expensive turntables and they surely did not take proper care of them so the majority of the used ones you find at Half Price Books or at Garage Sales to me are not worth buying.

Used CD's on the other hand are a different story...if they visually look to be in good condition (i.e. scratch free surfaces) they will sound good as long as the mix did not compress the recording.
    I find that the CD recordings of jazz albums ...even the ones from back in the 50's to 70's do sound pretty good unless of course you find one of those 'greatest hits' CD's that have the equivalent of 3 albums on one disc.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am