The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

One last MK3 Diode mod Bias question

bubbasweet
    bubbasweet

One last MK3 Diode mod Bias question Empty One last MK3 Diode mod Bias question

Post by bubbasweet Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:16 pm

I did the Bias Diode Mod and the Caps. I did not change the 1K resistor and everything seems to work fine. If I can reach the 1.56V bias fine and my pots are not at the end of either side. is there any reason why I can't leave the 1K or should I still sub out for the 4.7K? Is the 4.7K only to raise the voltage so the bias can be achieved or is there another reason I need it.... THX

I think my voltages are -55 and -60 on the other.
    GP49

One last MK3 Diode mod Bias question Empty Re: One last MK3 Diode mod Bias question

Post by GP49 Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:13 pm

If things are working out as you say, don't change.
    bubbasweet
    bubbasweet

One last MK3 Diode mod Bias question Empty Re: One last MK3 Diode mod Bias question

Post by bubbasweet Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:27 pm

OK leaving it.. Biasing fine and plenty of wiper room.. THX

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:42 am