The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Turntable ground question

bubbasweet
    bubbasweet

Turntable ground question Empty Turntable ground question

Post by bubbasweet Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:26 pm

On an amp with 2 PAM-1s and 2 Mk3s. Where should I put the ground wire for my Dual turntable. I used the negative lug on the speaker ground on one if the mark3s and it seems to be dead quiet. Is there a proper target? All units are plugged into same power bar so I do not get a ground loop.. Are turntable supposed to be grounded to the preamps or to the power amps or doesn't matter..?
    GP49

Turntable ground question Empty Re: Turntable ground question

Post by GP49 Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:32 pm

Ideally I would say one or the other of the PAM-1s, but if it is quiet where you put it, you could let sleeping amplifiers (and ground wires) lie.

"Let sleeping amplifiers lie" was a favorite quip by the late Bob Tucker of Dynaco...the original, REAL Dynaco, not the Panor pretender...he was still there when Dynaco was an independently-run subsidiary of Tyco.

Last edited by GP49 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:37 pm

GP49 wrote:Ideally I would say one or the other of the PAM-1s, but if it is quiet where you put it, you could let sleeping amplifiers (and ground wires), lie.

"Let sleeping amplifiers lie" was a favorite quip by the late Bob Tucker of Dynaco (the original, REAL Dynaco, not the Panor pretender...he was still there when Dynaco was an independently-run subsidiary of Tyco.

Yep, what GP49 said. Whatever works. If you start adding SUTs and separate phono pre-amps into the mix then it's a whole new ballgame but a solution will always present itself. It's a matter of patience and how much hair you want to tear out. I would build two ground wires with spades or whatever, just to cut experimentation time in half.

Cheerio
    -d-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 am