The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

SP14 Build question - Ground from volume

IntarsiaGuy

SP14 Build question - Ground from volume Empty SP14 Build question - Ground from volume

Post by IntarsiaGuy Mon May 31, 2021 8:35 am

The ground from the master volume (also grounded to the other 2 attenuators) is supposed to go to the "signal input ground" on the PCB. I am not sure where I am supposed to connect it. Any of the edge grounds on the far left side? Seems that would only ground one channel. Would appreciate some guidance. Thanks.
    Pablo

SP14 Build question - Ground from volume Empty Re: SP14 Build question - Ground from volume

Post by Pablo Mon May 31, 2021 7:26 pm

It's been a few years since I assembled my SP14, but as I recall the two ground terminals on the master volume control get a jumper run between them, and the nearest edge ground point on the PCB gets connected to the jumpered terminal on the volume control.
    IntarsiaGuy

SP14 Build question - Ground from volume Empty Re: SP14 Build question - Ground from volume

Post by IntarsiaGuy Mon May 31, 2021 8:14 pm

Thanks for the response, Pablo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am