The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+3
Bob Latino
peterh
ureche
7 posters

ST70 power supply questions

peterh
    peterh

ST70 power supply questions - Page 2 Empty Re: ST70 power supply questions

Post by peterh Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:05 am

No i have not. But it seems much more motivated with a soft start then a delayed start.
    Did you find this softstart as a module or board somewhere ?
    ureche

Post by ureche Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:07 am

I found the schematic somewhere on a forum, i can't remember where. I want to incorporate the design directly onto a psu pcb, along with the tdr.

In Proteus it seams to work pretty nice. I've asked because i was wondering if this circuit would arise any problems Smile.

I want to place an inrush thermistor on the ac side, to limit the spike to the cold heaters. Then 20-30 seconds delay to allow the heaters to get hot, and then raise the B+ in about 5 seconds.
    ureche

Post by ureche Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:26 am

Hi, i have a question regarding the power transformer and heater winding. Are there any disadvantages in paralleling the two 6.3v heater winding? Connecting both channels would induce hum?

Also are there any disadvantages in ordering a PT with only one winding but with the rating of 10A ?

Thanks.
    peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

ureche wrote:Hi, i have a question regarding the power transformer and heater winding. Are there any disadvantages in paralleling the two 6.3v heater winding? Connecting both channels would induce hum?

Also are there any disadvantages in ordering a PT with only one winding but with the rating of 10A ?

Thanks.
    I don't think it's a good idea to parallell 2 windings. And differences will cause huge
    currents to load the transformer to no use.
    Note i say "parallell". Serial connected windings are ok ( but limited in current
    to the winding with lowest current capability)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 am