The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+7
anbitet66
bluemeanies
Bob Latino
deepee99
Peter W.
j beede
cci1492
11 posters

More dumb streaming questions

Dogstar

More dumb streaming questions - Page 2 Empty Re: More dumb streaming questions

Post by Dogstar Tue May 16, 2017 8:19 pm

deepee99 wrote:
    Dogstar wrote:A while back I was reading a thread about hearing and the highest frequency the thread contributors could hear. As I remember it there was a downloadable file that could be played that had a sampling of tones that went up to 20 KHz. There were a few that claimed they were able to hear frequencies that high. I can imagine these clowns playing the file through on their laptops and using cheap earbuds to test themselves. And obviously they were more qualified to be an audiophile because they could here 20 KHz.

I remember a long time ago JBL gave away 12 inch vinyl LP's that also had tones up to 20 KHz. I remember that after playing it the first time about all you could hear was a hiss.

Bob Latino posted a hearing test awhile back on the Forum, IIRC. Maybe that should be a sticky.

I'm pretty sure the thread I read was on AudioKarma.org.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:41 am