The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+8
Peter W.
mark four
Maintarget
Bob Latino
sKiZo
mattg
colin86325
peterh
12 posters

Vintage Dynaco Clinic

Peter W.
    Peter W.

Vintage Dynaco Clinic - Page 2 Empty Re: Vintage Dynaco Clinic

Post by Peter W. Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:12 pm

All:

Thank you for your thoughts. I am now walking normally - for all outward appearances. I will be getting all my long-term options on Friday, with surgery being removed from the list, thankfully. Good drugs applied sparingly seemed to have done the trick, and a small orthopedic lift in each shoe seems to have taken the pressure off the heel. So, maybe just Naproxen-or-equal.

Rescheduling options to follow after our holiday travels and hosting opportunities are nailed down. We will have 14 at table Christmas, and as many again rolling through in the approach. Fortunately, both my wife and I very much enjoy cooking.
    colin86325

Post by colin86325 Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:49 pm

That's great to hear that you are on the mend in time for the holidays.
    I also enjoy cooking. Cleaning up...not so much!
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:52 pm

colin86325 wrote:That's great to hear that you are on the mend in time for the holidays.  
    I also enjoy cooking.  Cleaning up...not so much!

That is what Grand Kids and Golden Retrievers are for.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am

Peter W. wrote:
    colin86325 wrote:That's great to hear that you are on the mend in time for the holidays.  
    I also enjoy cooking.  Cleaning up...not so much!

That is what Grand Kids and Golden Retrievers are for.
    We call it pre-wash in our house. Sammy can clean a plate so well it doesn't need the dishwasher -- just goes back into the cupboard. I do have to take the skillets away from him as I'm afraid he'll lick the black off them. Smile
    buchela

Post by buchela Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:35 pm

Peter W. -I was hesitant to post this, because this is not the appropriate forum, but after thinking about it, it just may help someone with the same problem as yours. or even you.
    About three years ago, I went through the same problem you are describing << identical>>.
    It is very likely that your problems in that regard are just beginning. You still have not visited the Chiropractor, not done ultrasonic treatment, massage therapy,heat/cold therapy, etc, I'm assuming you already did, MRI, X-Rays. I went through all that, including De rigueur meds such as anti inflammatory, pain killers, circulation stimulants, and the like. Oh yes, they help, but that's as far as they go, and at least one of these prescriptions have a secondary effect that, ( if they get you the trouble maker one ) I am absolutely sure your wife won't like.
    After not being able to walk without feeling there is something terrible wrong with my feet, two years and a few Grants on medical expenses and counting, I stopped all this medical mumbo jumbo and started to look for alternatives, is there any left ?. Enter acupuncture.
    While visiting a colleague, I found he was being treated for a problem with his fingers getting numb for extensive use of computer keyboards, and he was very happy with his first visit to the acupuncturist, so I thought, if this works, I would do anything, even if I have to turn my asterisk into a pin cushion. So I looked for the best Chinese acupuncturist I could find for my problem, and sure enough it worked.
    Long story short, able to walk pain free in two weeks of treatment ( one per week ) with only regular shoes and nothing more, detoxified in about four, I only did two months of treatment, three were recommended. Problem completely disappeared in about five months.
    Minor diet changes: the inclusion of vegetables in the diet ( this is a hard one for me as I hate them) 82 oz of PURE water daily. The pure water is mandatory, do not play with this as I did, it's not fun to find out the hard way, why you have to do it.
    I tried to be as concise as possible. Hope it helps. My apologies to the forum for off topic post.

Last edited by buchela on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : corrected phrasing.)
    bluemeanies
    bluemeanies

Post by bluemeanies Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:58 am

Peter
    I have not been on the forum for some time. I am sorry to hear about this and I will put you on my pray list...not trying to get religious as I don't know your beliefs or absence of it.
    I still will pray for your speedy recovery.

Hope that you get to enjoy the Christmas holidays.
    blue
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Mon May 14, 2018 12:45 pm

OK - to reiterate from a separate post: May 19 or May 20 are possible dates - are there any takers? After which "summer" begins for us such that we are busy most weekends.

Please let me know for planning purposes - I have no preference for either day. We are in 19027.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:04 am