The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+7
Tube Nube
Peter W.
Tom
Bob Latino
Dave_in_Va
Roy
deepee99
11 posters

A wild idea, a victory lap, need your help with a book

deepee99
    deepee99

A wild idea, a victory lap,  need your help with a book - Page 2 Empty Re: A wild idea, a victory lap, need your help with a book

Post by deepee99 Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:00 pm

tubes4hifi wrote:hey, let's just all go to Trinidad on a "business trip" and get it all done in a couple days!   I'm in . . .
    Roy, think you're on to something here...
    deepee99
    deepee99

A wild idea, a victory lap,  need your help with a book - Page 2 Empty Re: A wild idea, a victory lap, need your help with a book

Post by deepee99 Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:05 pm

CletusB wrote:The proverbial "trigger" was pulled today on the ST-120 with all the bells and whistles!  Can't wait to build it and hook it up to my Altec VOTT's. Starting off with a set of 6550's from Bob and will probably roll towards Gold Lion KT-88's with a NOS Mullard 12AU7 in the middle.
    CletusB, I don't know what type 6550s Bob is supplying these days, but if you don't like them after a 100-hour run-in, I can highly recommend the Gold Lion KT-88s. You can get them from Jim McShane, who is a real gent.
    CletusB
    CletusB

Post by CletusB Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:26 pm

deepee99 wrote:
    CletusB wrote:The proverbial "trigger" was pulled today on the ST-120 with all the bells and whistles!  Can't wait to build it and hook it up to my Altec VOTT's. Starting off with a set of 6550's from Bob and will probably roll towards Gold Lion KT-88's with a NOS Mullard 12AU7 in the middle.
    CletusB, I don't know what type 6550s Bob is supplying these days, but if you don't like them after a 100-hour run-in, I can highly recommend the Gold Lion KT-88s. You can get them from Jim McShane, who is a real gent.

Ok great!   ....Do you have a link to Jim McShane or should I just Google him?
    Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: Great! I found Jim's site santa
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Ya know, I'm thinking about bagging the book and just organising a VTA invasion of Trinidad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:06 pm