The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Kutztown XXXVIII

Poll

Who has been to Kutztown

[ 2 ]
    Kutztown XXXVIII Vote_lcap20%Kutztown XXXVIII Vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Kutztown XXXVIII Vote_lcap80%Kutztown XXXVIII Vote_rcap [80%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Poll closed
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Kutztown XXXVIII Empty Kutztown XXXVIII

Post by Peter W. Wed May 02, 2018 10:19 am

Shameless Kutztown Plug

The XXXVIII Kutztown Radio Show begins (officially) on May 11, 2018 at the Renningers Antique and Farm Market, Kutztown, PA ( http://www.dvhrc.com/kutztown.html ). This is a cast-of-thousands event, those of you who have been there understand. Those who have not, please have a look at the pictures. Although the show is primarily dedicated to vintage radios and related items, on offer will be:

• Audio equipment – tube, solid-state and hybrid. Last Fall, the offerings spanned from McIntosh to Revox, from AR to Magnepan, from Dynaco to HH Scott, and points between.
    • Vintage TVs of all ages.
    • Test equipment, tools, manuals, and more.
    • Miscellaneous electronics and related hardware of all types, ages and conditions.
    • Tubes, capacitors, parts, knobs, dial covers, repair and appearance parts of all types.
    • Much more!

I will, as usual, be running a diagnostic clinic at the club table.
    Radio Free Kutztown will be broadcasting on AM and FM-Stereo also as usual.
    On-site camping is free.
    Admission is free.
    The Buy-it-Now section will be open from the beginning of the show.
    There is a quality auction on Friday afternoon.
    Fireworks, as usual.

We all look forward to seeing you there!
    cci1492
    cci1492

Kutztown XXXVIII Empty Re: Kutztown XXXVIII

Post by cci1492 Thu May 03, 2018 10:20 am

I might actually be going to this with my wife.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Thu May 03, 2018 10:44 am

cci1492 wrote:I might actually be going to this with my wife.

If you stay through the Friday Night dinner and party, there will be pretty serious fireworks, and a decent bottle of Single-Malt floating around.
    If you come only on Saturday, the most intense time is from about 6:00 am to about 10:00 am whereupon things start to wind down to about 1:00 pm.
    mark four
    mark four

Kutztown XXXVIII Empty kutztown

Post by mark four Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 pm

i hope to be there .
    cci1492
    cci1492

Post by cci1492 Fri May 04, 2018 10:07 am

Thank you Peter for the heads up. I'm considering Saturday, but it looks like all the action is on Friday which I cannot attend on that day.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Fri May 04, 2018 10:27 am

cci1492 wrote:Thank you Peter for the heads up. I'm considering Saturday, but it looks like all the action is on Friday which I cannot attend on that day.

This is true as it applies to hard-core attendees. However, Saturday is when the "General Public" attends, the source of new-money into the hobby, and also when prices start to drop as the end of the show approaches.
    Last year, it was a pair of pristine A35 speakers for $30, and an FM3 for $20 that needed nothing but a serious cleaning. Given that I had just sold one for $80, that was a not-bad exchange.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 am

Quick report:

Not so much Dynaco this time. I spotted a pair of MK-IIIs, two 70s, two FM3s and  a single MKII. The two PAS did not make it past Thursday afternoon.

More on the solid-state end of things, however. I snagged a very clean SCA80Q, there were any number of PAT4s, and at least one ST80 & 120. The 80Q was $40, the PAT4s were in the $60-$80 range as were the 80 & 120. All were represented as "working".  The tube items were unmarked but for one 70 ($500).  100% of the tube items did sell - or were gone from the original sellers' tables by mid-afternoon Friday.

As I sold eight items, I allowed myself two. Typically I will purchase one novelty radio, either a bottle or a musical instrument. This time:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/9d/19/ed/9d19edf2c574f82ab42b52b4a2887e49--transistor-radio-violin.jpg It is about 10" long, driven by a standard 9V battery.

And the 80Q:

http://www.gammaelectronics.xyz/images/dynaco_sca___80_stereo_amplifier_amp_solid_state_1_lgw.jpg

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:06 pm