The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+3
sKiZo
Peter W.
deepee99
7 posters

Meet the electro-encabulator

deepee99
    deepee99

Meet the electro-encabulator Empty Meet the electro-encabulator

Post by deepee99 Wed May 16, 2018 9:47 pm

Meet the electro-encabulator The_lamp
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Meet the electro-encabulator Empty Re: Meet the electro-encabulator

Post by Peter W. Thu May 17, 2018 9:05 am

Lest anyone think the gentleman is kidding - here is a much earlier version of same:

sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Thu May 17, 2018 1:49 pm

I WANT !!

They had me at finding out it could provide inverse reactive current for my unilateral phase detractor. Pure gravy that it will also automatically synchronize my cardinal graham meter!

deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Thu May 17, 2018 3:46 pm

sKiZo wrote:I WANT !!

They had me at finding out it could provide inverse reactive current for my unilateral phase detractor. Pure gravy that it will also automatically synchronize my cardinal graham meter!

Only problem is there's a shortage of girdle springs.
    The electro-encabulator performs no useful function whatsoever except as a great night light when the filament is lit. Nice, soft glow.  Retired Fluke engineer who's a neighbour of mine designed and built it, and presented it to me as wedding/birthday present. David has created the Wallace Museum of Obsolete Technology and Thermionic Valves. That's a 450xxxtube.
    Here's the original on the turbo-encabulator.

Last edited by Bob Latino on Thu May 17, 2018 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add'l info)
    Tom

Post by Tom Fri May 18, 2018 9:18 am

I don't know what that tube thingee is in the original post,

but I'm pretty sure, the turbo encabulator in the diagram, stage right of the august presenter above,

is clearly the prototype of the hydramatic 4L80 (not the electronically controlled one, it has a E suffix) encabulator

present in my old 4 wheel drive Chevy Suburban.

It's amazing how these technological miracles become so quickly adapted to common use.

And for the record, I have personally disassembled and replaced the Dingle Arm in mine.

Don't try this at home kids.  

Cool
    tubed1

Post by tubed1 Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:27 pm

With magneto reluctance and capacitive durlactance how can you not want one?
    Tube Nube
    Tube Nube

Post by Tube Nube Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 am

“Side fumbling was effectively prevented.” Well the turbo encabulator was certainly ahead of its time. In this day and age, fellows in particular must be extra careful to avoid any unwelcome side fumbling, whether intentional or not.
    hrbay

Post by hrbay Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:07 pm

not to mention usage as a buffer/regulator for modern flux cap projection waveguides.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:39 pm

hrbay wrote:not to mention usage as a buffer/regulator for modern flux cap projection waveguides.

For a number of years now, work has has been proceeding in order to bring
    prefection to the crudely conceived idea of a machine that would work to not
    only supply inverse reactive current, for use in unilateral phase detectors, but
    would also be capable of automatically synchronising cardinal grammeters. Such
    a machine is the 'Turboencabulator'. Basically, the only new principle involved
    is that instead of the power being generated by the relaxive motion of
    conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interactions of magneto-
    reluctance and capacitive directance.

The original machine had a base-plate of prefabulated amulite, surrounded by a
    malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were
    in direct line with the pentametric fan, the latter consisted simply of six
    hydrocoptic marzelvanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar vaneshaft that side
    fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-
    o-delta type placed in panendermic semiboloid solts in the stator, every seventh
    conductor being connected by a non-reversible termic pipe to the differential
    girdlespring on the 'up' end of the grammeter.

Forty-one manestically placed grouting brushes were arrranged to feed into the
    rotor slip stream a mixture of high S-value phenyhydrobenzamine and 5 percent
    reminative tetraiodohexamine. Both these liquids have specific pericosities
    given by p=2.4 Cn where n is the diathecial evolute of retrograde temperature
    phase disposition and C is the Chomondeley's annual grillage coefficient.
    Initially, n was measured with the aid of a metapolar pilfrometer, but up to the
    present date nothing has been found to equal the transcetental hopper dadoscope.

Electrical engineers will appreciate the difficulty of nubbing together a
    regurgitative purwell and a superaminative wennel-sprocket. Indeed, this proved
    to be a stumbling block to further development until, in 1943, it was found that
    the use of anhydrous nagling pins enabled a kyptonastic boiling shim to be
    tankered.

The early attempts to construct a sufficiently robust spiral decommutator failed
    largely because of lack of appreciation of the large quasi-pietic stresses in
    the gremlin studs; the latter were specially designed to hold the roffit bars to
    the spamshaft. When, however, it was discovered that wending could be prevented
    by the simple addition of teeth to socket, almost perfect running was secured.

The operating point is maintained as near as possible to the HF rem peak by
    constantly fromaging the bituminous spandrels. This is a distinct advance on
    the standard nivelsheave in that no drammock oil is required after the phase
    detractors have remissed.

Undoubtedly, the turboencabulator has now reached a very high level of technical
    development. It has been successfully used for operating nofer trunnions. In
    addition, whenever a barescent skor motion is required, it may be employed in
    conjunction with a drawn reciprocating dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal
    depleneration.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Peter W. wrote:
    hrbay wrote:not to mention usage as a buffer/regulator for modern flux cap projection waveguides.

For a number of years now, work has has been proceeding in order to bring
    prefection to the crudely conceived idea of a machine that would work to not
    only supply inverse reactive current, for use in unilateral phase detectors, but
    would also be capable of automatically synchronising cardinal grammeters.  Such
    a machine is the 'Turboencabulator'.  Basically, the only new principle involved
    is that instead of the power being generated by the relaxive motion of
    conductors and fluxes, it is produced by the modial interactions of magneto-
    reluctance and capacitive directance.

The original machine had a base-plate of prefabulated amulite, surrounded by a
    malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were
    in direct line with the pentametric fan, the latter consisted simply of six
    hydrocoptic marzelvanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar vaneshaft that side
    fumbling was effectively prevented.  The main winding was of the normal lotus-
    o-delta type placed in panendermic semiboloid solts in the stator, every seventh
    conductor being connected by a non-reversible termic pipe to the differential
    girdlespring on the 'up' end of the grammeter.

Forty-one manestically placed grouting brushes were arrranged to feed into the
    rotor slip stream a mixture of high S-value phenyhydrobenzamine and 5 percent
    reminative tetraiodohexamine.  Both these liquids have specific pericosities
    given by p=2.4 Cn where n is the diathecial evolute of retrograde temperature
    phase disposition and C is the Chomondeley's annual grillage coefficient.
    Initially, n was measured with the aid of a metapolar pilfrometer, but up to the
    present date nothing has been found to equal the transcetental hopper dadoscope.

Electrical engineers will appreciate the difficulty of nubbing together a
    regurgitative purwell and a superaminative wennel-sprocket.  Indeed, this proved
    to be a stumbling block to further development until, in 1943, it was found that
    the use of anhydrous nagling pins enabled a kyptonastic boiling shim to be
    tankered.

The early attempts to construct a sufficiently robust spiral decommutator failed
    largely because of lack of appreciation of the large quasi-pietic stresses in
    the gremlin studs; the latter were specially designed to hold the roffit bars to
    the spamshaft.  When, however, it was discovered that wending could be prevented
    by the simple addition of teeth to socket, almost perfect running was secured.

The operating point is maintained as near as possible to the HF rem peak by
    constantly fromaging the bituminous spandrels.  This is a distinct advance on
    the standard nivelsheave in that no drammock oil is required after the phase
    detractors have remissed.

Undoubtedly, the turboencabulator has now reached a very high level of technical
    development.  It has been successfully used for operating nofer trunnions.  In
    addition, whenever a barescent skor motion is required, it may be employed in
    conjunction with a drawn reciprocating dingle arm to reduce sinusoidal
    depleneration.
    PeterW, did you translate this from the original Greek?
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:50 pm

PeterW, did you translate this from the original Greek?

No, translating Aristophanes in college was more than enough.
    hrbay

Post by hrbay Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Well I thought the dingle arm issue and the recovery springs fatiguing was solved in that the trained nitinol to piezo welding went well. But copper and nickel/titanium spiked. It was also hard to keep it clean anyway. Those d@mnable gremlin studs.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:18 pm

hrbay wrote:Well I thought the dingle arm issue and the recovery springs fatiguing was solved in that the trained nitinol to piezo welding went well. But copper and nickel/titanium spiked. It was also hard to keep it clean anyway. Those d@mnable gremlin studs.
    You need girdle springs for that, and they are as scarce as TS 6550s these days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:52 am