The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+3
peterh
ltusler
tinha
7 posters

VTA M125 Transformeors

tinha

VTA M125 Transformeors Empty VTA M125 Transformeors

Post by tinha Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi,

I am new to the tube world. I just bought a pair of M125 kits form a friend, but all the transformers and manual are missing. Does anyone know where to get the manual and transformers?

Thanks in advance!
    ltusler

VTA M125 Transformeors Empty Re: VTA M125 Transformeors

Post by ltusler Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:44 pm

peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:59 pm

tinha wrote:Hi,

I am new to the tube world. I just bought a pair of M125 kits form a friend, but all the transformers and manual are missing. Does anyone know where to get the manual and transformers?

Thanks in advance!
    Ask your friend !!
    tinha

Post by tinha Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 am

ltusler,
    Thanks! I will email them.

peterh,
    He has no idea either cuz he found the kit at his dad's basement and his dad passed away last month.
    peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:13 pm

tinha wrote:ltusler,
    Thanks! I will email them.

peterh,
    He has no idea either cuz he found the kit at his dad's basement and his dad passed away last month.

Sorry to hear.

But you might give his name to tubes4hifi as they don't sell transformers only, but if it's
    a kit from them they might maek an exception. Thus the name of teh kit byer would be helpful.
    cci1492
    cci1492

Post by cci1492 Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Maybe dad started the kit and had the transformers somewhere else ready for paint? RIP to a fellow tube head.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:22 pm

cci1492 wrote:Maybe dad started the kit and had the transformers somewhere else ready for paint? RIP to a fellow tube head.
    Shared sentiments, and welcome to the board.
    If they were thoroughly disassembled for painting, they won't look like transformers. Look for stacks of thin sheet metal.
    You can get a .pdf copy of the assembly manual from most anyone here but the site doesn't host large image files for economic reasons, so you'd have to write someone via conventional email to get them. Write to me at
    999silver@gmail.com
    and I'd be happy to provide you a copy of mine, or ask Bob Latino on this site for a copy. There may have been some revisions since I built my original pair of M-125s six years ago.
    Good luck on this most satisfying of hobbies.
    ~ Dave
    audiobill

Post by audiobill Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:31 am

AFAIK, the manuals are for the use of amp purchasers only, not a public document.
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:43 pm

audiobill wrote:AFAIK, the manuals are for the use of amp purchasers only, not a public document.
    Could well be, Bill. Time for Bob or Roy to weigh in. I will certainly respect their wishes.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:42 pm

audiobill wrote:AFAIK, the manuals are for the use of amp purchasers only, not a public document.

There is a concept called "Work Product Ownership" - which, together with "reasonable use" regulations covers this quite nicely.

Stipulated:  VTA designs are owned by their developers. They own their work-product even if copies are sold to others.
    Stipulated:  An assembly/owner's manual for the assembly, basic testing, care and feeding of a VTA product will be (or should be) copyrighted by the writers.
    Speculating:  If the manual grants a license to the purchaser of a kit to use it for the purposes of the single device that came with it, then its use for other purposes may be limited. The owners have that absolute right as they own their work-product, and if they distribute it under license.
    Statement:  If the manual does not grant such a license by direct license, then it may be used for any reasonable purpose that does not infringe upon, dilute or otherwise harm the owners of the design, copyrights or patents.

This is pretty much true of any copyrighted material. And the use that Dave is offering is not "public use" in an actionable sense, much as reading a bed-time story or singing in the shower is a public performance. Dave is part of a community of individuals sharing knowledge and information on the care and feeding of a family of equipment, and not attempting to compete with, supplant or otherwise damage the creators of that family.

The best analogy to this would be stamped, signed and sealed Engineering or Architectural drawings and specifications. If you read the fine print in most AIA and similar contracts, the Designer retains ownership of all such documents and grants the client the right to use the documents for a specific purpose, and only that purpose.
    tinha

Post by tinha Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Thank you all for the replies! I am in contact with Bob. He will/maybe provide me the info when I pick up the kit this weekend and send him a picture of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:09 am