The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Psvane KT-88's

mhardyman

Psvane KT-88's Empty Psvane KT-88's

Post by mhardyman Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:22 pm

I've had this Latino ST-70 for a handful of years.  All the upgrades have been done and the tube line up on the front end is an NOS Tungsol 12AU7A with EH 12BH7's on the side.  I've had various EL-34's as well as Genalex KT-88 and a quad of Shuguang KT-88's.

The Shuguangs didn't make the grade. One arced too early in life.  The Genalex's have done well but there have been failures.  I think that tube is more for bass amps.

Just received a quad of the Psvane KT-88's from Viva Tubes in Easthampton, MA and I am impressed!  These are the HiFi series meant for hifi amplifiers and not guitar amps!  They are also priced very well.

I have no affiliation with Viva Tubes.  They carry the entire Psvane line which is impressive.  I've used their small signal tubes for many years in many amps without any failures and they all have sounded accurate, clear and very clean.

The KT-88's biased quickly and have stayed very solid.  A very well balanced tube with clean solid bass and shimmering treble.  We shall see how long they last!
    peterh
    peterh

Psvane KT-88's Empty Re: Psvane KT-88's

Post by peterh Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:51 pm

mhardyman wrote:I've had this Latino ST-70 for a handful of years.  All the upgrades have been done and the tube line up on the front end is an NOS Tungsol 12AU7A with EH 12BH7's on the side.  I've had various EL-34's as well as Genalex KT-88 and a quad of Shuguang KT-88's.

The Shuguangs didn't make the grade. One arced too early in life.  The Genalex's have done well but there have been failures.  I think that tube is more for bass amps.

Just received a quad of the Psvane KT-88's from Viva Tubes in Easthampton, MA and I am impressed!  These are the HiFi series meant for hifi amplifiers and not guitar amps!  They are also priced very well.

I have no affiliation with Viva Tubes.  They carry the entire Psvane line which is impressive.  I've used their small signal tubes for many years in many amps without any failures and they all have sounded accurate, clear and very clean.

The KT-88's biased quickly and have stayed very solid.  A very well balanced tube with clean solid bass and shimmering treble.  We shall see how long they last!

I built my vta70 2013. The first year i used shugang EL34, then i mounted JJ 6550 and
    adjusted bias accordingly. At the same time i installed a "hour meter", which has been
    counting 4210h now. With the same 6550 tubes, and they still holds bias well.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:10 pm