The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

More pictures

Pad_X

More pictures Empty More pictures

Post by Pad_X Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:51 pm

Thanks, all for your time and knowledge. I'll be able to apply your assessment soon, when I have some time alone at home. In the meantime, I will post some better photos on the chance new info alters the diagnosis.
    More pictures Img_4810
    More pictures Img_4811
    More pictures Img_4812
    WLT
    WLT

More pictures Empty Re: More pictures

Post by WLT Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:30 pm

Pad_X - you should put this info as a response your your first post. Others will see this a a first time post and not know what this is for.

You have the original ST70 bias supply with diode and caps replaced. Before changing anything measure the resistance of both of the 10K carbon comp resistors. They may be way out of original spec and causing your limited ability to adjust the bias.
    Pad_X

Post by Pad_X Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Yikes. I thought I was doing just that.

I have added them to the original post (Tubes too hot) https://dynacotubeaudio.forumotion.com/t3991-new-tubes-too-hot

Thank you for your input, WLT.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:19 pm