The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

PAS back panel rewire

PAS back panel rewire Empty PAS back panel rewire

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    howardnair

PAS back panel rewire Empty Re: PAS back panel rewire

Post by howardnair Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:44 am

peter--it may be a little late with this reply--if you look in the curcio switch rewire instructions--from I/O BOARD preamp out to pc5 the right channel is a twisted pair of wires with the hot one going to 14 and the ground to 8 and the left channel twisted wires with hot to 7 and ground to 8 instead of the single wire to eyelet 1 from connected grounds on the i/o board--howie

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:40 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    howardnair

Post by howardnair Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:43 pm

hey peter--i am not a expert but having put several pas's together -3 the old way with grnd only to 1 i have never experienced a hum issue--so what you are suggesting should work quite well--if you ping??? GP49- he is more than knowledgable and very helpful so is ray mottram--the only issues that i have had were crosstalk --which there seems to be no cure--i even ran all i/o to switch wires in shielded with shield cut at one end -i also ran shielded wire from tape switch to selector and from i/o out to 14 and 7 on pc5 still crosstalk --i just finished a pas2 with pc boards ,cap board and I/O board from ray mottram--nice everything--he was very helpful--have fun howie
    jerdobi

PAS back panel rewire Empty PAS 3 connector strip rewiring and hum

Post by jerdobi Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:41 pm

I created me a new output connector strip and had the hum problem after the new selector switch and connector strip. Finally, I solved the constant hum problem after the rewire. You can look at my post on "Fixed Hum : Dynaco PAS 3 using shielded cable to the RCA outputs" for the details. Basically, follow the PAS 3 wiring pictorial exactly, don't ground to eyelet 8, use the resistors to the output jacks per systematics and SHIELD the cables to eyelet 7 and 14.
    howardnair

Post by howardnair Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:28 am

peter-as of this am--i have ray mottrams i/o board on my pas2-ray has only 7 rca's instead of 9 -more room on i/o board-the preamp out and the phono have totally separate grounding's from the other 5-i used no resisitors on the i/o board- from my preamp out to pc5 i used the twisted pair scenario with ground to 8--and then from the separate ground rail for the other inputs except phono-i ran 1 wire to chassis-this worked well with this particular scenario using rays board---if you are using a original pas i/o setup or similar then you may want to use jerdobi and gp 49 suggestions-which i have done on other pas's-the shielded wire is a good idea--howie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:02 am