The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Has anyone made rack-mount M-125's?

dasa2131

Has anyone made rack-mount M-125's? Empty Has anyone made rack-mount M-125's?

Post by dasa2131 Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:00 pm

Hello!

About a year and a half ago, I built a rack mount ST-120.  I absolutely love it!  Bob's incredible customer service and technical help were amazing.  Now I've been contemplating building a pair of M-125's to fit on a rack.  Has anyone done this?  Looking over their size, it looks like it would be tight.  Also very heavy.  I'd be making a custom chassis for it.  Ideally, I'd lay out the two amps so that each is a mirror image of the other.
        If you have any thoughts or experience on doing this, please let me know.

Thank you!

Dave

Has anyone made rack-mount M-125's? Rack_p11
    rjpjnk

Has anyone made rack-mount M-125's? Empty Re: Has anyone made rack-mount M-125's?

Post by rjpjnk Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:50 am

Those power tubes need lots of air flow to get rid of all the heat. Rack mounting seems possible but only with special attention paid to air flow. Items mounted above the tubes may be in danger.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Has anyone made rack-mount M-125's? Empty Re: Has anyone made rack-mount M-125's?

Post by Bob Latino Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 am

Hi Dave,

The VTA M-125's are 10 inches wide so two together won't fit side by side in a standard 19 inch wide audio rack. A pair of M-125's does give off a lot of heat and a pair will weigh about 70 pounds. Personally, I don't think that it is a good idea to place both amps in the same rack.

Bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:12 am