The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Optimal Warm Up Time for ST 70

texbychoice

Optimal Warm Up Time for ST 70 Empty Optimal Warm Up Time for ST 70

Post by texbychoice Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:15 pm

Acquired an ST 70 with the standard VTA board about 3 months ago. Very pleased. I allow about 30 seconds warm up before applying a signal. After about 45 minutes of listening the volume level seems to increase and/or the sound opens up. Across the spectrum just better. Is that normal for a tube amp?

Checked the bias shortly after turn on and after about an hour. Small difference, but both checks measure 0.385 - 0.400 V. Can a few milliamps impact power output?
    Section1

Optimal Warm Up Time for ST 70 Empty Re: Optimal Warm Up Time for ST 70

Post by Section1 Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:38 pm

I'm not sure what amount of time we should wait for warm up but I pretty much do as you do and give it like 30 seconds as I get something picked out to play. I believe that I read somewhere it does take some time for a tube to warm up to full temperature so it makes since to me that after some time it will get to it peak performance. I haven't noticed mine getting louder but it does sound a little better after 15 minutes or so.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am