The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

bias points setup

baddog1946
    baddog1946

bias points setup Empty bias points setup

Post by baddog1946 Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi out there:
    I am looking for the three bias points setup that is on the amp for sale on the tubes4hifi site at the moment.
    I'm trying to get rid of the octal sockets setup
    Thanks
    Baddog1946.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

bias points setup Empty Re: bias points setup

Post by Bob Latino Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:27 am

Hi Baddog,

George at Vintage Electron sells these on Ebay. See the link below. He only sells a TWO bias point board and pin set for a stock ST-70 with one live and one ground point. These could be used on a VTA boarded amp, however, which needs live bias points by making both points live and using the chassis itself for a ground.

Bias test pins with backing board

There is one "caveat" here. If you ever decide to sell your amp in the future you will probably devalue the amp by "altering" the amp from it's original state by replacing the front tube sockets. People will always pay more for an original looking ST-70 than one whose look has been altered. Even if what you did was an improvement over the original amp potential buyers are always suspicious of modifications of the original amp and tend to pay less for a modified amp.

Bob
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

bias points setup Empty front panel bias test points

Post by Roy Mottram Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:28 am

if I could get about 10 people interested in something similar but set up with 2 test points
    and a ground pin I can offer these for $27 a pair including shipping,
    that's for 2 PCBs and 6 test pin jacks,
    for about the same price I can offer it with an aluminum panel that fits inside,
    see photo on my website here www.tubes4hifi.com/VTA120.htm for an example
    stewdan

bias points setup Empty front panel bias test points

Post by stewdan Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi Roy -- Did you ever get any interest in the front panel bias test points? ( Two test point + one ground. ) Please let me know.
    Stew
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Post by Roy Mottram Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:16 pm

I've only sold about two of these in the past 6 or 8 years.
    Easy to make with an aluminum strip, hacksaw, file, drill, the parts are about $12, about 45 minutes of time ($30 labor),
    as always the labor cost is the major factor, that's where quantity buys reduce prices!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:56 pm