The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

VTA ST-70 Rectifier tube

Latts
    Latts

VTA ST-70 Rectifier tube Empty VTA ST-70 Rectifier tube

Post by Latts Sat May 08, 2021 8:53 am

Hello, I have rolled all the tubes with the exception of the tung sol 5AR4 rectifier tube. Is the tung sol a good tube, or should I be looking for other options?  Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated...

Thx in advance
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

VTA ST-70 Rectifier tube Empty Re: VTA ST-70 Rectifier tube

Post by Bob Latino Sat May 08, 2021 9:32 am

Latts wrote:Hello, I have rolled all the tubes with the exception of the tung sol 5AR4 rectifier tube. Is the tung sol a good tube, or should I be looking for other options?  Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated...

Thx in advance

The Tung-Sol 5AR4 is good. The Gold Lion and the Mullard versions are also good .. The JJ and the Sovtek versions just don't seem to last as long.

Bob

Tom Pickett likes this post

Tom Pickett
    Tom Pickett

Post by Tom Pickett Sat May 08, 2021 7:56 pm

Bob Latino wrote:
    Latts wrote:Hello, I have rolled all the tubes with the exception of the tung sol 5AR4 rectifier tube. Is the tung sol a good tube, or should I be looking for other options?  Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated...

Thx in advance

The Tung-Sol 5AR4 is good. The Gold Lion and the Mullard versions are also good .. The JJ and the Sovtek versions just don't seem to last as long.

Bob

Good Everything, Bob..... You have mentioned (in your own opinion) which 5AR4 tubes are good (Tung-Sol, Gold Lion, Mullard).

Which brand 5AR4 tube is your favorite ?

Tom

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:38 pm