The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+4
Bob Latino
New2Tubez
jwb474
vuejaday
8 posters

looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2

M. Pete Ance

looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 Empty my 2 cents

Post by M. Pete Ance Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:51 pm

I replaced my incomplete set of knobs with some purchased from Antique Electronic Supply.  They look better than the originals.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/knob-aluminum-set-screw-notched-tip-125-diameter  

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/knob-aluminum-notched-tip-indicator-set-screw-75-diameter

BTW, the 2 center knobs, on your pre-amp, appears to the from a VOX amplifier.  You can sell those on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=vox+amp+knob&_sacat=0

I still have have my incomplete set of Dynaco knobs - I just have to find them.  If you are interested in them, just let me know.
    vuejaday

looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 Empty Re: looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2

Post by vuejaday Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:02 pm

M. Pete Ance wrote:I replaced my incomplete set of knobs with some purchased from Antique Electronic Supply.  They look better than the originals.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/knob-aluminum-set-screw-notched-tip-125-diameter  

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/knob-aluminum-notched-tip-indicator-set-screw-75-diameter

BTW, the 2 center knobs, on your pre-amp, appears to the from a VOX amplifier.  You can sell those on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=vox+amp+knob&_sacat=0

I still have have my incomplete set of Dynaco knobs - I just have to find them.  If you are interested in them, just let me know.

whomever changed the knobs must have had a bucket full of odds and ends. i'll check into the knobs that may be from a vox amp. any idea which one(s)?

yes, i'd still be interested, otherwise it looks like i'll have to take my chance with the others that i may have to ream out to fit properly.

thanks,
    levconz

looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 Empty Re: looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2

Post by levconz Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:17 am

Sorry for the delay... Here are the pics. Let me know if you want them, then we can discuss a reasonable yet fair price plus shipping.

looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230610
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230611
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230612
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230613
    levconz

Post by levconz Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:38 am

Just realized I'm short 2 of the small knobs. I'll double check my stash. If I have them I'll post pics. If I don't then at least it's a good start.

Also found these on ebay...
    eBay item numbers: 304743293389, 195527628987, 304765501742.
    levconz

Post by levconz Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:57 pm

I found other 2 PAS Knobs. That would make a complete set. See pics.

looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230614
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230615
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230617
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230616
    vuejaday

Post by vuejaday Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:44 pm

levconz wrote:I found other 2 PAS Knobs.  That would make a complete set.  See pics.

looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230614
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230615
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230617
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230616

thanks. they do look a little rough. have you tried cleaning them? will they clean up?
    thanks,
    levconz

Post by levconz Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:06 pm

Real quick with a cleaner but never polished. At first I used them with no mods on my PAS. Later I decided to mod mine and used new knobs.

When you consider how old they are, sat in somebody's garage for many years and in my attic for 10+ years, they're not that bad.

They are originals from my PAS 3.

I could try a test polish on inside of one of the large knobs to see if it would come out looking nicer and not destroy finish or color.
    vuejaday

Post by vuejaday Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:03 pm

levconz wrote:Real quick with a cleaner but never polished.  At first I used them with no mods on my PAS.  Later I decided to mod mine and used new knobs.

When you consider how old they are, sat in somebody's garage for many years and in my attic for 10+ years, they're not that bad.

They are originals from my PAS 3.  

I could try a test polish on inside of one of the large knobs to see if it would come out looking nicer and not destroy finish or color.

if you don't mind, sure. i don't want you to put much work into them if they don't clean up as i'm planning to sell the preamp as well as an st70 so i'd like them to look as good as possible. time to start liquidating.
    thanks again,
    levconz

Post by levconz Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:21 am

I went ahead and went all out. Cleaned the knurled/slotted outer edge with a brass wire brush and hit smooth front with a tiny dab of brass polish (toothpaste would work too). I only did the 2 large knobs. See Pics...

looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230619
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230620
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230618
    vuejaday

Post by vuejaday Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:44 pm

levconz wrote:I went ahead and went all out. Cleaned the knurled/slotted outer edge with a brass wire brush and hit smooth front with a tiny dab of brass polish (toothpaste would work too). I only did the 2 large knobs.  See Pics...

looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230619
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230620
    looking for volume and selector knobs for dynaco pas2 - Page 2 20230618

they do look better. all of those pics are after cleaning?

what would you ask for them?
    thanks,
    mikeB

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:23 pm