The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

REPLACED power transformer ST-70

corey thompson

REPLACED power transformer ST-70 Empty REPLACED power transformer ST-70

Post by corey thompson Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:32 pm

So the PA-060 is getting rare.  I do not want to buy a used unit. Ebay 150 shipped 1965. How long will it last ?  my luck a few hours lol
    Does anybody know if there is an after market unit that will work ? I could care less if it fits into the amplifier case i never resell my equipment
    If there are no know replacements. Please share the specks of the transformer. My unit is old heats up hot smokes !  
    I ran my amp at least 5000 hours last year no issues just tube replacements  then finally stinky transformer.
    Yes i did see them new upwards of 300. Not fun spending $300 on an amp i can buy for $400 used.

Thanks guys ladies .
    Dan W
    Dan W
    Admin

REPLACED power transformer ST-70 Empty Re: REPLACED power transformer ST-70

Post by Dan W Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:16 pm

We have new production replacements available. They are direct fit and will run much cooler than your original unit.
    https://www.tubes4hifi.com/AMP-PARTS.htm

corey thompson likes this post

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:21 pm