The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Need Output xfmr feet for Mk III

Greg_M
    Greg_M

Need Output xfmr feet for Mk III Empty Need Output xfmr feet for Mk III

Post by Greg_M Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:08 am

I bought a Sunn 200S which uses (directly) a Mk III (repackaged) as an amp. From all the moving the output transformer's feet have broken off (before I got it). These are the kind that are "L" brackets that slide up underneath the bell covers. Some of the output xfmrs had the feet built into the bell covers. Either would be fine with me.
    If you have a blown output xfmr and would like to give up those covers or L brackets please contact me.

Thanks
    Luddite
    Luddite

Need Output xfmr feet for Mk III Empty Re: Need Output xfmr feet for Mk III

Post by Luddite Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:47 am

Greg_M wrote:I bought a Sunn 200S which uses (directly) a Mk III (repackaged) as an amp. From all the moving the output transformer's feet have broken off (before I got it). These are the kind that are "L" brackets that slide up underneath the bell covers. Some of the output xfmrs had the feet built into the bell covers. Either would be fine with me.
    If you have a blown output xfmr and would like to give up those covers or L brackets please contact me.

Thanks

Greg,

If all else fails, you can probably find some flat steel barstock at your local hardware supply. Cut it to length based on the old piece, layout and drill the mounting holes, then bend the "foot" to 90 degrees. Voila! Hint: using a triangular file, scribe a line perpendicular to the bar where the bend is to be made (depth should be about 25-30% of the bar thickness, no more). Bend the bar in a vise with the scribed line on the inside of the bend.

Best Regards,
    Charlie

P.S. Assuming you are planning to continue using this as a guitar amp, I recommend replacing the "L" brackets rather than the bell covers with feet. The "L" brackets are much more secure for transporting the amp.

Last edited by Luddite on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Greg_M
    Greg_M

Post by Greg_M Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:55 am

Yep, I could make them, but it would be more desirable to not have to.... Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 am