The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Where to place Filament wires on VTA

bdblkta

Where to place Filament wires on VTA Empty Where to place Filament wires on VTA

Post by bdblkta Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:26 am

I have almost completed my VTA build on my ST70 but have come to a problem.

Problem is that I don’t know which wires go to where for the Filaments. Wires 4, 5, 15 and 16 from the original board are supposed to plug into the filament spots on the new board but does it matter which one goes where?

Thanks, Josh
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Where to place Filament wires on VTA Empty Re: Where to place Filament wires on VTA

Post by Bob Latino Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:42 am

Hi Josh,

Check the photo below. The two 6.3 volt AC filament holes on each channel are shown with a white "^". On the latest version of the VTA driver board the two 6.3 volt AC connections for each channel are marked "FIL". On the older boards these two filament connector holes for each channel are UNMARKED. If you have Russian PIO caps then the front filament hole will be partially covered by the Russian cap. Just move the Russian cap up a little to make the connection.

Bob

Where to place Filament wires on VTA VTAboardbottom63voltACconnections
    bdblkta

Where to place Filament wires on VTA Empty Re: Where to place Filament wires on VTA

Post by bdblkta Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:22 am

Thank you for the fast reply Bob.
    I think I need to clarify my question. I see the holes on the board marked FIL but wasnt sure if it matters which wire went where.
    Using the old board numbering it was the wires to 4, 5 ,15 and 16. Do 4 & 15 go to the front of the board with 15 & 16 going to the back or does it matter?

Thanks again for your help, Josh
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:35 am

The wires are carrying AC current so it doesn't matter which wire goes into which hole.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 am