The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+5
polarflux
jdm
bigmm79
naturall_mystic
j beede
9 posters

Late adopter... I need DAC advice

jdm
    jdm

Late adopter... I need DAC advice - Page 2 Empty Re: Late adopter... I need DAC advice

Post by jdm Sun May 01, 2011 4:53 pm

Revalator DIY Speakers and Music Server Rig:

I built the cabinets to the deminsions of the drawings. I used fiddleback maple face and 3/4 mahogany ply on the sides and back. Madisound will sell you the covered grills they are black cloth. I upgraded the crossover caps and inducers. Great sound form the Scan-Speak drivers.
    Zaph Revelator Tower: https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=8591

Late adopter... I need DAC advice - Page 2 Music_12

Pooch

Late adopter... I need DAC advice - Page 2 Empty Re: Late adopter... I need DAC advice

Post by Pooch Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Very nice job. Did you use veneered mdf for the fronts or lumber stock? I'd love to make a pair of those when I get the time and room. Got a bunch on the Honey-do list right now though.
    Gordy
    jdm
    jdm

Post by jdm Sun May 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Gordy the fiddleback maple is 6/4 lumber, the other half is in-set in the cabinet. I glued the front panel and designed the back to be removable like the Harbeth. With damping material, crossovers and heavy wood each speaker weighs 48 pounds.
    Polarflu

Post by Polarflu Mon May 02, 2011 3:31 am

Yeah, nice speakers. Its nice to see a pair built to get an idea of the size. What do you mean by 6/4 lumber?
    jdm
    jdm

Post by jdm Mon May 02, 2011 11:18 am

The 6/4 Maple front (six quarters lumber) is the rough cut size. That size is approx 1.5 inches thick before I planned it smooth. The cabinets are very ridge with three ribs inside. The drawings are on the Zaph web site link above. If you don't have a wood skills and tools, buy the boxes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:30 am