The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Dynaco Mark !!! together with Quad ESL 57

Peter S

Dynaco Mark !!! together with Quad ESL 57 Empty Dynaco Mark !!! together with Quad ESL 57

Post by Peter S Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:36 am

Hi all ,
    As a new member I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with the monoblock Dyanaco Mark 111 ?
    Is this a good tube amplifier for the Quad ESL 57 , can it deliver at 16 ohms ?
    I have learnt that the Dynaco st-70 goes well with the Quad , but now in Stockholm two Mark 111 are
    fo sale so .....

Best regards,
    Peter
    1973shovel

Dynaco Mark !!! together with Quad ESL 57 Empty Re: Dynaco Mark !!! together with Quad ESL 57

Post by 1973shovel Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:53 am

Hi,

I tried a pair of Mk III 's with my Quad ESL 57 's, but preferred the sound of a stock Dynaco ST-70. It's been many years now, so I couldn't tell you the differences. Only that I owned both, and liked the ST-70 better with the Quads.

Edit: Note that the stock ST-70 and slightly modded MK-III 's were what I had back then. I took it to mean that I preferred the EL-34 sound over the 6550 with the Quads. The speaker's strong point is their amazing midrange (I've never heard better). One of my ST-70's has been converted to the VTA input stage, and it would be very interesting to conduct that experiment again, once I add the VTA boards to my MK-III's. Alas, my Quads were crushed by a moving company who failed to crate them as I contracted for.

Last edited by 1973shovel on Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addendum)
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Dynaco Mark !!! together with Quad ESL 57 Empty Re: Dynaco Mark !!! together with Quad ESL 57

Post by Roy Mottram Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi Peter,
    yes, the MK3 amps are very well suited to the Quad speakers, and run well on the 16 ohm taps
    we also have an upgraded circuit for the MK3 amps at www.tubes4hifi.com
    Peter S

Post by Peter S Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:11 am

Thanks for useful answers !!

Peter
    Marty1234

Post by Marty1234 Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:08 pm

I just bought 2 of 4 mkiii's that were powering 8 quad 57s that were highly modified over an 8 year span, by bob hovland of "hovland Audio" if your interested I can post all the mod's...they sound great on my dahlquist 10s..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 am