The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Bob Latino
    Admin

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Here in this sticky thread is where you may post any older personal audio related items you may have for sale or you may want. You may NOT advertise any NEW audio related items that you may sell on an ongoing basis on Ebay, Audiogon or any web site. This thread is not to be used for commercial sellers of audio gear. Commercial sellers may, however, advertise any personal used audio gear that they may have. It is helpful if you post a photo of the item. This forum is supposed to be able to host a photo but I have trouble making it work so you will have to host the photo yourself on Photobucket or one of the other free photo hosting web sites. Do not post any ITEMS FOR SALE in the main "basket" of the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum or I will remove the post.

NOTE 1 - If you want to post a FOR SALE item in this thread please hit the "Post Reply" button to add your item IN THIS THREAD. Do not use the "Post New" button. If you hit the "Post New" button, your for sale item will appear in the main body of the forum instead of this thread.

NOTE 2 - After your item has been sold please EDIT your post and mark the item as "SOLD" and I will remove your item from this thread.

Also - After about 1 year I will remove your post whether it has been sold or not ..

Bob

Last edited by Bob Latino on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:38 pm; edited 13 times in total

tubes4hifi
    Admin

AMB remote control PREAMP PROJECT

Post by tubes4hifi on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:51 pm

someone emailed me about this within the last week or two, but now I can't find the email.
    I think they wanted to use it in conjunction with an SP14 preamp for the ultimate $10,000 value preamp (for around $2500).
    This is a great project preamp for someone with electronics experience.
    About $750 invested in this remote controlled, microprocessor controlled, LCD display preamp,
    with mil-spec mini-relays used for signal inputs, outputs, and volume/balance attenuation.
    Custom preamp chassis and power supplies.
    Asking $350 OBO. Check it out here: http://tubes4hifi.com/AMB.htm
    Several photos on link, only showing the front panel here to save space.
    Please check out the link, read in full, any questions via PM or email please.
    Fully assembled, tested, working, but needs some more connections, and a suitable programmable remote control. Includes full documentation.

cc43fan

Wanted ST 70 and ST 35 parts

Post by cc43fan on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:39 am

I'm looking for a couple of things..
    First, an ST 70 cage and bottom cover.

Second, an power transformer for an ST 35 (PA774).

I know that these items can be purchased new, but I was hoping to save a few dollars by buying used. I can offer trades if that's option as well....tubes, tube testers, caps, resistors, etc.

Drop me a line if you can help @ new2pilot at yahoo.com

Thanks for looking,
    Chuck

Analog Man

Dynaco Mark III driver boards with tubes 2ea. New and assembled, matched N.O.S. 6AN8 tubes

Post by Analog Man on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:49 am

I have two brand new Dynaco Mark III driver boards from Dynakit Parts. The boards are professionally assembled and will come with N.O.S. 6AN8 matched tubes made by RCA or GE but labeled Dumont. I will consider any reasonable offer. Board color is not brown as shown at Dynakit parts but rather an off yellow color.
    http://www.dynakitparts.com/dynakit-pro ... -Resistors 100.00 O.B.O. nego.

P.S.
    Bob Latino,
    If this didn't post right, then I need help. The only button I seen to post is " Post reply new"

Bob Latino
    Admin

Re: Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:46 am

Analog Man wrote:

P.S.
    Bob Latino,
    If this didn't post right, then I need help. The only button I seen to post is " Post reply new"
    Just below the last post in a thread it says "Post replyPost new". For some reason the forum software does not leave a space between the "Post reply" and the "Post new" and runs the words together. If you hover the mouse over Post reply and then over Post new, you get two different hyperlinks in the bottom of the window. The "Post new" puts your post into the main basket of the forum as a new post while the "Post reply" puts your post in THIS thread as a new item for sale. The reason we use this thread is that we don't want forum users to have to scan over for sale items in the main body or "basket" of the forum.

Others have done this and the confusion is understandable ...

Bob

Analog Man

Post by Analog Man on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:38 pm

4Play wrote:I'm looking to purchase my first tube amp. If anyone has a nice used one, please contact me.

I'm located at 25526

For quick response send email... tgraley[at]yahoo[dot]com
    I have just the one for you, Check your Email.

Brap

Vincent Pre-amp

Post by Brap on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Hey there group. If anyone is interested, I have a Vincent Phono Pre-amp PHO8 for sale. This has less than 20 hours on it. Upgraded and purchased a Parasound P-5 and use that exclusively now. If any of you run Vinyl and have the attenuator option, this is a nice Pre-amp for the price. Two separate units, one being the power supply. Check it out on line and it's reviews. Willing to part for $350.00.

Thanks!

deluxmon

SOLD - ORIGINAL VTA HIGH GAIN DRIVER BOARD w/ THREE JJ 12AT7 DRIVER TUBES - SOLD

Post by deluxmon on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:27 pm

I have upgraded my ST-70  to the new low gain VTA board; so I'm posting my gently used high gain board (built in 2009) here to see if any of you Dynaco-heads might want or need it.   This is the one that takes the 12at7 tubes and I will include three JJ 12at7's with the sale or trade. It has the standard cap configuration. There is nothing wrong with this board or its components.   I would like to get $100 for the 3 tubes and the board but I am also willing to trade for KT-66 power tubes, 12au7 driver tubes, 12bh7 drivers, 6cg7 drivers, ADS speakers (710 or 810) or maybe some vinyl, depending on what you have (Japanese pressings, Jazz, etc).  Questions? Just shoot me a reply or PM.  Cheers.

Peter

Last edited by deluxmon on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:45 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : price change and modification to offer)

PopaTopSmith

WTB . . . Tube PreAmp (phono stage)

Post by PopaTopSmith on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:33 am

Hello,

I've recently acquired my first pieces of tube equipment . . . ST-70 - PAS 2 - FM1 . . . So far, I'm enjoying the hobby but I'm not satisfied with the PAS 2 sound, especially the phono stage.  I love the sound of the ST-70 playing CD's on my California Audio Labs player, but listening to vinyl on my Technics SL-1200mk2 has been disappointing - not nearly as enjoyable as the records sounded on my SS Sansui 9090.  I think I've decided rather than put more money into the PAS 2 via upgrades/mods, I'm going to look around for a good, used phono stage preamp.  If anyone has one for sale, please let me know via email . . .  

popatopsmith (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks,

M.Smith
    Nashville, TN

deepee99

Speaker Cable magic, anyone?

Post by deepee99 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:20 am

I have a six-month-old 8-foot pair of Reality Cables' renowned speaker cables for sale. Website here: http://realitycables.com/
    I have since gone to bi-wiring and no longer need these; first $200 takes them, they were over $300 new. Spades on all ends. Shipping included in price.
    PM if interested; these are definitely a step up from Monster Cables and the hyped stuff from AudioQuest.

deluxmon

SOLD - Cryo-treated Philips 5R4GYS rectifier - SOLD

Post by deluxmon on Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:54 pm

Just bought this Cryo treated Philips 5R4GYS rectifier tube and though it looks incredibly cool in my ST-70, it does draw down the amps so there is less power and it has affected my ability to bias the KT-77's I'm running. Meaning, that I can't bias at the same VDC that I normally do.  If you would like to try it in your rig..... Perhaps it would work better in an ST-120? I'd let it go for $45 (I paid $80+).  It has maybe 30 minutes on it.

SOLD

Last edited by deluxmon on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

notboating

WANTED: Mk iii bodies

Post by notboating on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:26 pm

I am looking for a pair of Mk iii bodies. e-mail or pm me if you have a pair you are willing to part with. not looking for working amps, just parts.

deluxmon

SOLD - Zu Audio Soul MKII speakers for sale - with 10' Zu speaker cables included. - SOLD

Post by deluxmon on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:01 pm

SOLD - Audiophile speakers built in Utah by Zu Audio. These are AWESOME looking and sounding speakers! I am the original owner and this pair in Sangria was purchased in January 2013. They were used in a smoke and child free environment. The speakers are in as new condition with the latest "Nano Sanctified" technology utilized in the drivers. They come with an extra set of black trim rings so you can change the look of the speakers if you choose.  The reason I'm selling this pair is that I've upgraded to their big brothers the Soul Superflys which I have on order. I'm rating these a 9/10 to be conservative but the condition easily warrants a 10/10 rating. They have been hooked up to my VTA Dynaco ST70 tube amp and lovingly used for just over a year. This is my 3rd pair of Zu speakers and the dynamics, coherence, timing and sensitivity are highly addictive. Now with the nanotech drivers the resolution is greatly enhanced as well. These cost $2000 new and they can be yours for $1,550 plus shipping or shoot me a reasonable offer. You can read and see all about them at www.zuaudio.com/loudspeakers/soul and they match up beautifully with Dynaco ST-70 amps.  I have the original boxes and all paperwork, manuals, etc.  Cash or PayPal only. PayPal please add 3%. PM or email me. SOLD

Last edited by deluxmon on Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : SOLD)

MontanaWay

Post by MontanaWay on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:09 pm

notboating wrote:I am looking for a pair of Mk iii bodies. e-mail or pm me if you have a pair you are willing to part with. not looking for working amps, just parts.

over the last 3 weeks, I picked up two MKIII bodies, average price $65, each had miscellaneous parts on it. One probably needs re chroming, but other than that they are both in very good condition.
    Might pay you to keep an eye out there!

frettedfriend

Post by frettedfriend on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:02 am

I have two ST-35's for sale, I really don't know what they're worth, but I know they both work! I bought them from the original owner and they are clean, undamaged. Any offers? I'm motivated to sell them and know that this is the place they'll find a home that will love them. If interested, please contact and I'll arrange to give you all the pics and info you would like. I am in the S.F. bay area (Livermore, home of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.) FYI, the amps were built by a Electronics Tech at the Lab, a good friend and a top notch technician.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:28 pm