The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Bob Latino
    Admin

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Here in this sticky thread is where you may post any older personal audio related items you may have for sale or you may want. You may NOT advertise any NEW audio related items that you may sell on an ongoing basis on Ebay, Audiogon or any web site. This thread is not to be used for commercial sellers of audio gear. Commercial sellers may, however, advertise any personal used audio gear that they may have. It is helpful if you post a photo of the item. This forum is supposed to be able to host a photo but I have trouble making it work so you will have to host the photo yourself on Photobucket or one of the other free photo hosting web sites. Do not post any ITEMS FOR SALE in the main "basket" of the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum or I will remove the post.

NOTE 1 - If you want to post a FOR SALE item in this thread please hit the "Post Reply" button to add your item IN THIS THREAD. Do not use the "Post New" button. If you hit the "Post New" button, your for sale item will appear in the main body of the forum instead of this thread.

NOTE 2 - After your item has been sold please EDIT your post and mark the item as "SOLD" and I will remove your item from this thread.

Also - After about 1 year I will remove your post whether it has been sold or not ..

Bob

Last edited by Bob Latino on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 13 times in total
    daveshel

Re: Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by daveshel on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Tubes for trade. I've got some I don't need any more and I'd like to trade them for some I can use.

2) Sovtek 12AX7WC
    2) Doge 12AX7B
    2) Pro/Comm (Tungsram) 12AX7
    2) 7025 one is labeled Pro/Comm and the other looks like a USA GE

most of these should be worth around 8 bucks

I'd like to trade for some 6922s and a 12AT7

I also have original PC5 and PC6 (PAS linestage and phono board), 2 of each, $5/board.
    Brass PAS 2 face plate ok shape $10
    Peter W.

Not Dynaco - but Related and Free to a Good Home

Post by Peter W. on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 pm

First: The conditions:

Must pick up in Melrose Park, PA. I WILL NOT SHIP.

Must pick on-or-before this coming Saturday.

I am not available this coming Wednesday.

Must take all-or-nothing. No cherry-picking (though there are no pits).

I do not want to see them on eBay the moment after pick-up. I am not stating that this cannot happen, but I would prefer they go to a user rather than an exploiter.

One working Fisher tube tuner - apparently with the SS MPX chip on board as I remember, it is an FM200B and with the wood case.

One working (black) Nikko integrated amplifier. Could be an NA 690 as it has meters. Good condition.

One working Sony dual-cassette deck. Black

One working no-name 5-disc CD/DVD changer with remote and cable.

I am culling the herd, and I have not-much-use for Pacific-Rim equipment, nor will I be ever likely to use the Fisher tuner. So, I am passing them on for exactly what I paid for them.

First person-by-date-stamp-on-email gets it. Remove spaces and add appropriate symbols.

p f j w a t a o l d o t c o m

Peter Wieck

Melrose Park, PA

deepee99

KT-88s for sale

Post by deepee99 on Sun May 27, 2018 4:52 pm

I have a small batch of Russian and Chinese KT-88 quads up for sale. Asking $200/quad, more than $100 below retail. Not that I don't like them; they are great tubes. But having snagged two quads of the GEC originals, the banker needs to be paid. Several of these quads are still in their China Post wrapping. PM if interested.
    I will inventory the full lot and if you're interested in a bulk discount, lemme know.

Last edited by deepee99 on Tue May 29, 2018 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fix price & grammar.)
    corndog71

For Sale: Bottlehead Directly Heated Triode Smash Preamp

Post by corndog71 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:12 pm

I built this Bottlehead Smash preamp several years ago which was a nice upgrade from the previous Bottlehead kits I built (Foreplay 2, Quickie).  It uses relatively cheap Russian 4P1L tubes for gain.  The stock OD3 voltage regulator was replaced by a 6SN7 as part of the Smashup upgrade shunt regulated power supply.  I also upgraded the output caps to Clarity MR Series.

3 Inputs
    2 outputs
    Gain @1kHz: 10dB
    Maximum output: 7Vrms
    S/N: -88dB
    Channel Separation: 120dB @500Hz
    Input impedance: 56Kohms with volume and balance controls centered
    Output impedance: 1.6 Kohms

$400 with free shipping to US addresses

Untitled by Rob C, on Flickr

j beede

Clear top 12AU7

Post by j beede on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:46 pm

I have some tubes that I don't need. No crazy bargains here.

-Pair of Penta KT-88 "coke bottles", measure 90%+ on B+K 707, $50, free shipping
    -Four clear top 12AU7 marked Motorola or RCA, make an offer
    -Quad set of W. German 12AX7 pulled out of a PAS-3, marked DYNACO $200, free shipping
    -Pair of gray Genelex (GB) KT-66, test near new on B+K 707, make an offer
    -Set of four THD Yellow Jacket octal to EL-84 adapters with set of 6P14P or EL-84 $160, free shipping
    -Weber WU4GB, used, $12, free shipping
    -Pair of high altitude 5R4WGY "potato mashers", cool look $50, free shipping

Last edited by j beede on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jsfrench46

Post by jsfrench46 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:36 pm

I assume all the tubes are "as-is" and untested.. I would still offer $100 for the lot. If that is ridiculous (wither high or low), then somebody please chime in. Thanks for listing!
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:06 pm

I have here ONE VTA ST-70/ST-120 stainless steel BLEM chassis with bottom cover. I did not post a photo here because the few marks on the top mirror surface are difficult to photograph. All cutouts are perfect as is the silk screening on the front and rear face of the chassis. The chassis has the same dimensions as the original Dynaco ST-70 chassis but is made of heavier 16 gauge metal. Any Dynaco ST-70 tube cage (cover) will also fit this chassis. $89 with free shipping to anywhere in the USA. A complete hardware kit with all stainless steel screws is also available for + $10. Send me a PM through the forum if you are interested.

Bob
    deepee99

Bedini rack for sale

Post by deepee99 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:58 pm

I have for sale a beautiful rack of Bedini s/s gear; BA-801 power amp (70WPC, built like a brick) and companion (and very rare) BC-800 pre-amp. Both are immaculate aesthetically and performance-wise. There's a BA-801 on FleaBay right now for $800 but you rarely see the 800 pre-amp. Bedinis are some of the most "tube-sounding" solid-state gear ever made and will blow the doors off any McIntosh of that era. I hate to split up the pair so am asking $1,800 plus ship and PayPal fees. PM for photos, pmt arrangements (yes, make me an offer I can't refuse). The pre-amp alone sold for $2195 in 1990. Specs and grainy photos at:
    http://www.bedini.com/oldamps.htm
    I had John Bedini (RIP) go through both components just to make sure everything was up to par and they were right on the money.
    Also have a Bedini BA-802 power amp (150 WPC) I'd like to see $800 for. Sold originally for $2495.
    Again, all perform flawlessly. Just need to make room for some "new" stuff.

deepee99

And for four large, a virgin Stereo 70

Post by deepee99 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:48 am

Peter W.

Post by Peter W. on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:13 am

Here is a link to photos of the FM3 I have for sale.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOZGBH53LlAvuw14KTJbinenEX4mznNjpbAjZccGI3u3lGRj6fOXqs4oBEEHHqtmw?key=Z0tGQzBtaml6TlBYVVVwdmVONnltc1NGV1JES3FB

That is an early version of the FM3 - flat-topped cans. This makes it a bit more fiddly to align, but the end-results are the same. So... perhaps 45 minutes for the full alignment process rather than 30 minutes. Once aligned, it does hold well, however.

deepee99

Post by deepee99 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:20 am

Peter W. wrote:Here is a link to photos of the FM3 I have for sale.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOZGBH53LlAvuw14KTJbinenEX4mznNjpbAjZccGI3u3lGRj6fOXqs4oBEEHHqtmw?key=Z0tGQzBtaml6TlBYVVVwdmVONnltc1NGV1JES3FB    

That is an early version of the FM3 - flat-topped cans. This makes it a bit more fiddly to align, but the end-results are the same. So... perhaps 45 minutes for the full alignment process rather than 30 minutes. Once aligned, it does  hold well, however.

IF transformers! THAT's why I never built another tuner after the Heathkit AR-15. Cursed things!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:26 am