The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Bob Latino
    Admin

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Here in this sticky thread is where you may post any older personal audio related items you may have for sale or you may want. You may NOT advertise any NEW audio related items that you may sell on an ongoing basis on Ebay, Audiogon or any web site. This thread is not to be used for commercial sellers of audio gear. Commercial sellers may, however, advertise any personal used audio gear that they may have. It is helpful if you post a photo of the item. This forum is supposed to be able to host a photo but I have trouble making it work so you will have to host the photo yourself on Photobucket or one of the other free photo hosting web sites. Do not post any ITEMS FOR SALE in the main "basket" of the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum or I will remove the post.

NOTE 1 - If you want to post a FOR SALE item in this thread please hit the "Post Reply" button to add your item IN THIS THREAD. Do not use the "Post New" button. If you hit the "Post New" button, your for sale item will appear in the main body of the forum instead of this thread.

NOTE 2 - After your item has been sold please EDIT your post and mark the item as "SOLD" and I will remove your item from this thread.

Also - After about 1 year I will remove your post whether it has been sold or not ..

Bob

Last edited by Bob Latino on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 13 times in total
    slate1

Re: Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by slate1 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:48 am

McShane matched quad of Gold Lion KT-88 tubes - brand new, just arrived this week. I've decided to stick with what I have for a while longer. $200 shipped, payment via PayPal friends and family - you can check out Audiogon (vinyladdict) where I have 144 positive feedbacks with a 100% positive rating or eBay (vynyltap) where I have 1,930 feedbacks with a 100% positive rating for a feedback history. PM with any questions or concerns.

GP49

Post by GP49 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:15 pm

Just to add:  When I was in the business, I worked on a lot of Dynaco Stereo 120s.  If correctly done, they in no way resemble their reputation as harsh-sounding solid state meanies.  I kept two of them when customers didn't want to pay the cost of repair.  In all fairness, one had shorted output and driver transistors and assorted associated parts, and would have been costly to fix; but the other only had an open Class A input transistor and was an inexpensive fix.  I worked on them in my spare time and both turned out splendidly.  I still have one, my brother the other and they both still function and sound fine.  At intervals the equipment in my system gets a periodic going-over on the bench.  When my tube amps (modified and upgraded from Dynaco Mark IIs) undergo this process, the Stereo 120 substitutes.

Some technicians would repair the Dynaco Stereo 120 with cheap output transistors...nonselected 2N3055s that they bought for less than a dollar.  "Floor sweepings," we used to call them.  Dynaco used 2N3055s in their early production (and the transistors were often marked, "2N3055") but they were selected and matched by the factory.  No wonder the ones fixed with the cheapies didn't sound right, or blew up!
    daveshel

Post by daveshel on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:51 pm

Tubes for trade. I've got some I don't need any more and I'd like to trade them for some I can use.

2) Sovtek 12AX7WC
    2) Doge 12AX7B
    2) Pro/Comm (Tungsram) 12AX7
    2) 7025 one is labeled Pro/Comm and the other looks like a USA GE

most of these should be worth around 8 bucks

I'd like to trade for some 6922s and a 12AT7

I also have original PC5 and PC6 (PAS linestage and phono board), 2 of each, $5/board.
    Brass PAS 2 face plate ok shape $10
    Peter W.

Not Dynaco - but Related and Free to a Good Home

Post by Peter W. on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 pm

First: The conditions:

Must pick up in Melrose Park, PA. I WILL NOT SHIP.

Must pick on-or-before this coming Saturday.

I am not available this coming Wednesday.

Must take all-or-nothing. No cherry-picking (though there are no pits).

I do not want to see them on eBay the moment after pick-up. I am not stating that this cannot happen, but I would prefer they go to a user rather than an exploiter.

One working Fisher tube tuner - apparently with the SS MPX chip on board as I remember, it is an FM200B and with the wood case.

One working (black) Nikko integrated amplifier. Could be an NA 690 as it has meters. Good condition.

One working Sony dual-cassette deck. Black

One working no-name 5-disc CD/DVD changer with remote and cable.

I am culling the herd, and I have not-much-use for Pacific-Rim equipment, nor will I be ever likely to use the Fisher tuner. So, I am passing them on for exactly what I paid for them.

First person-by-date-stamp-on-email gets it. Remove spaces and add appropriate symbols.

p f j w a t a o l d o t c o m

Peter Wieck

Melrose Park, PA

deepee99

KT-88s for sale

Post by deepee99 on Sun May 27, 2018 4:52 pm

I have a small batch of Russian and Chinese KT-88 quads up for sale. Asking $200/quad, more than $100 below retail. Not that I don't like them; they are great tubes. But having snagged two quads of the GEC originals, the banker needs to be paid. Several of these quads are still in their China Post wrapping. PM if interested.
    I will inventory the full lot and if you're interested in a bulk discount, lemme know.

Last edited by deepee99 on Tue May 29, 2018 5:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fix price & grammar.)
    bluemeanies

SOLD!

Post by bluemeanies on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:03 pm

FS GRACE DESIGN M920 Monitoring System 
    For a detailed description the Grace design web-site will serve you better than me posting bits and pieces on this post.
    www.gracedesign.com

Included: Grace Design m920
    Power cable 
    Orginal manual & box
    Hand sewn cover labeled "G R A C E"
    Sturdy remote 
    Also a warranty still enforced until approximately 04/2020

The Grace is in PRISTINE condition in a smoke free home with no pets.

Last edited by bluemeanies on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:02 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Pictures)
    tubes4hifi
    Admin

Post by tubes4hifi on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:11 pm

"monitoring system"   what the hey is that?
    OK, so looked at their website, it's a headphone amp and DAC combo
    so what's your selling price?
    for anyone interested, here's a link to the owners manual . . . . http://www.gracedesign.com/support/manuals/m920_Manual_Rev_B.pdf

audiobill

Post by audiobill on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Just fyi, the Grace m920 is actually used in many top recording studios to monitor the mix while recording. It pretty much does everything well. Michael Grace cut his teeth designing preamps for Rowland. Good stuff!
    bluemeanies

FS Grace design m920 Price Reduction

Post by bluemeanies on Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:02 am

PRICE REDUCTION/$1125.00

FS Grace Design m920 MONITORING SYSTEM
    Shipped ONLY intercontinental U.S.

FS GRACE DESIGN M920 Monitoring System
    For a detailed description the Grace design web-site will serve you better than me posting bits and pieces on this post.
    www.gracedesign.com

Included: Grace Design m920
    Power cable/balance to RCA cables (for SUB) if desired
    Orginal manual & box
    Hand sewn cover labeled "G R A C E"

Sturdy remote
    Also a warranty still enforced until approximately 04/2020

The Grace is in PRISTINE condition in a smoke free home with no pets.

SOLD!

Last edited by bluemeanies on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
    corndog71

For Sale: Bottlehead Directly Heated Triode Smash Preamp

Post by corndog71 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:12 pm

I built this Bottlehead Smash preamp several years ago which was a nice upgrade from the previous Bottlehead kits I built (Foreplay 2, Quickie).  It uses relatively cheap Russian 4P1L tubes for gain.  The stock OD3 voltage regulator was replaced by a 6SN7 as part of the Smashup upgrade shunt regulated power supply.  I also upgraded the output caps to Clarity MR Series.

3 Inputs
    2 outputs
    Gain @1kHz: 10dB
    Maximum output: 7Vrms
    S/N: -88dB
    Channel Separation: 120dB @500Hz
    Input impedance: 56Kohms with volume and balance controls centered
    Output impedance: 1.6 Kohms

$400 with free shipping to US addresses

Untitled by Rob C, on Flickr

aguaazul

Post by aguaazul on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:37 pm

deepee99 wrote:I have a small batch of Russian and Chinese KT-88 quads up for sale. Asking $200/quad, more than $100 below retail. Not that I don't like them; they are great tubes. But having snagged two quads of the  GEC originals, the banker needs to be paid. Several of these quads are still in their China Post wrapping. PM if interested.
    I will inventory the full lot and if you're interested in a bulk discount, lemme know.

Hey Dave, hope you are ok... its been a while.

Drop a line....

Aguaazul
    j beede

Clear top 12AU7

Post by j beede on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:46 pm

I have some tubes that I don't need. Make an offer!

-Pair of Penta KT-88
    -Four clear top 12AU7
    -Quad set of W. German 12AX7 pulled out of a PAS-3, marked DYNACO
    -Pair of gray Genelex (GB) KT-66

jsfrench46

Post by jsfrench46 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:36 pm

I assume all the tubes are "as-is" and untested.. I would still offer $100 for the lot. If that is ridiculous (wither high or low), then somebody please chime in. Thanks for listing!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:01 pm