The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Bob Latino
    Admin

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Here in this sticky thread is where you may post any older personal audio related items you may have for sale or you may want. You may NOT advertise any NEW audio related items that you may sell on an ongoing basis on Ebay, Audiogon or any web site. This thread is not to be used for commercial sellers of audio gear. Commercial sellers may, however, advertise any personal used audio gear that they may have. It is helpful if you post a photo of the item. This forum is supposed to be able to host a photo but I have trouble making it work so you will have to host the photo yourself on Photobucket or one of the other free photo hosting web sites. Do not post any ITEMS FOR SALE in the main "basket" of the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum or I will remove the post.

NOTE 1 - If you want to post a FOR SALE item in this thread please hit the "Post Reply" button to add your item IN THIS THREAD. Do not use the "Post New" button. If you hit the "Post New" button, your for sale item will appear in the main body of the forum instead of this thread.

NOTE 2 - After your item has been sold please EDIT your post and mark the item as "SOLD" and I will remove your item from this thread.

Also - After about 1 year I will remove your post whether it has been sold or not ..

Bob

Last edited by Bob Latino on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 13 times in total

tubes4hifi
    Admin

AMB remote control PREAMP PROJECT

Post by tubes4hifi on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:51 pm

someone emailed me about this within the last week or two, but now I can't find the email.
    I think they wanted to use it in conjunction with an SP14 preamp for the ultimate $10,000 value preamp (for around $2500).
    This is a great project preamp for someone with electronics experience.
    About $750 invested in this remote controlled, microprocessor controlled, LCD display preamp,
    with mil-spec mini-relays used for signal inputs, outputs, and volume/balance attenuation.
    Custom preamp chassis and power supplies.  
    Price reduced to $250!!   Check it out here:   http://tubes4hifi.com/AMB.htm
    Several photos on link, only showing the front panel here to save space.
    Please check out the link, read in full, any questions via PM or email please.
    Fully assembled, tested, working, but needs some more connections, and a suitable programmable remote control.   Includes full documentation.

YES, still for sale as of October 14, 2014 . . . . this is a super deal !!!

Last edited by tubes4hifi on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

Brap

Vincent Pre-amp

Post by Brap on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Hey there group. If anyone is interested, I have a Vincent Phono Pre-amp PHO8 for sale. This has less than 20 hours on it. Upgraded and purchased a Parasound P-5 and use that exclusively now. If any of you run Vinyl and have the attenuator option, this is a nice Pre-amp for the price. Two separate units, one being the power supply. Check it out on line and it's reviews. Willing to part for $350.00.

Thanks!

PopaTopSmith

WTB . . . Tube PreAmp (phono stage)

Post by PopaTopSmith on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:33 am

Hello,

I've recently acquired my first pieces of tube equipment . . . ST-70 - PAS 2 - FM1 . . . So far, I'm enjoying the hobby but I'm not satisfied with the PAS 2 sound, especially the phono stage.  I love the sound of the ST-70 playing CD's on my California Audio Labs player, but listening to vinyl on my Technics SL-1200mk2 has been disappointing - not nearly as enjoyable as the records sounded on my SS Sansui 9090.  I think I've decided rather than put more money into the PAS 2 via upgrades/mods, I'm going to look around for a good, used phono stage preamp.  If anyone has one for sale, please let me know via email . . .  

popatopsmith (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks,

M.Smith
    Nashville, TN

notboating

WANTED: Mk iii bodies

Post by notboating on Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:26 pm

I am looking for a pair of Mk iii bodies. e-mail or pm me if you have a pair you are willing to part with. not looking for working amps, just parts.

tubes4hifi
    Admin

new phono preamps for sale

Post by tubes4hifi on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:58 pm

I've got some new phono preamps for sale that aren't part of my regular offerings.
    One of them I first did 2-3 years ago, the PH9, uses four 12AX7 in a CCDA configuration and sounds excellent.
    The other one is the PH17, I have two of these, brand new, uses four 12AX7 in the same circuit configuration as the PH16.
    Doesn't sound as good as the PH16 though, otherwise fine, use a good set of 12AX7s.
    I can sell you stuffed tested PCBs, or I can put them in new chassis to look identical to a brand new PH16,
    or for the budget minded I have an old PAT4 chassis that I can put one in and have a brand new custom faceplate made.
    These all include the power supply section, just need to add one combo 200/12v power transformer about $40.
    The PH9 board is $250 without tubes.   The PH17s are $250 each without tubes.   Photos and more info available upon request.
    PAT4 chassis with new custom faceplate $160.   New PH16 style chassis with new front and rear machined/engraved panels $250.
    Please rely via email or PM, not in this for sale thread, thanks.

Photos below, top one is PH9 board, bottom one is PH17 in a 16" chassis

Downhome Upstate

Pair of PEC 10K bias trim pots (NIB)

Post by Downhome Upstate on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:43 am

For use with the stock ST-70 driver board. (I ordered these before I got the tubes4hifi upgrade board.)

j beede

NOS Waldom 23 step, 2-pole rotary switch $10 + s&h

Post by j beede on Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:47 am

This is a large 23-step, 2-pole (stereo) rotary switch, NOS. I bought several of these but have never used them. Waldom PA-4003. The switch is quite large with STRONG detents, but might make a fun project for someone who has a large assortment of resistors and a PAS 2/3/3X with room for a stepped attenuator. Not sure if 23 steps is enough for a proper volume control. $10 each or $15 for two. Please add $3 flat rate for USPS shipping.

" />

Last edited by j beede on Sat May 24, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : price change)

j beede

Dynaco/Panor QD-1 Series II L $50 + free shipping

Post by j beede on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:16 pm

I will never use this. Looks near new. Let me know if you have any interest via PM. $50 and I pay shipping to your US48 address.

" />

Last edited by j beede on Sat May 24, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added price)

tubes4hifi
    Admin

great deal on a used SP12 preamp

Post by tubes4hifi on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:05 pm

this SP12 preamp is about a year old.   See photos below.   Selling for $650 OBO (less than the price of a new kit, $400 less than a new assembled SP12)
    and if you want a new phono section added just $200 more (usually $240).   There is a switch on the front to power the phono board separately!
    Reply via email or PM

YES, still for sale as of October 14, 2014, this is a super good deal!!

Last edited by tubes4hifi on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Brap

Klipsch Forte's

Post by Brap on Wed May 07, 2014 7:00 pm

Looking at a new pair of speakers and will part with my 1986 Forte's for $600.00 Walnut, excellent condition, bottom risers included. Great speakers and can send pictures. Local pick up preferred in Chi-Town area.

dougmon

SED =C= 6L6GC tubes (one quad)

Post by dougmon on Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:36 pm

For sale or trade: one quad of SED =C= 6L6GC power tubes. Lightly used, about 3-4 weeks. I think that's enough to see that they'll hold their bias.

These are pretty good sounding tubes -- I'm just an EL34 guy.

If you are interested in the quads, PM me here.

Interesting trades will take precedence (hey, wouldn't you rather have these tubes than that SP14 that's just sitting there? Smile )

Last edited by dougmon on Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had two quads for sale -- one sold, so edited title and content to reflect that)

daveshel

Re: Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by daveshel on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:26 pm

I've got some tubes to sell or preferably trade. These came out of my ST-70 that I bouglt on the evil auction site 8-9 years ago. I sent it off to Van Alstine for his mod and he put in all new tubes. I have since sold the ST-70 and now have an ST-35 in which I'd like to try some tube rolling.

I have a pair of 7199s. One is branded Sylvania (USA) and the other us Tung-Sol with a faded and sloppy label. I'd trade these for some 7247s.

I also have a quad of EL34s. One has the Mullard brand and the other 3 are Tesla. All have faded labels and 2 of the Teslas have discolored bases. I'd trade these for the right quad of EL84s.

Elsewise, I'm open to suggestions/discussion as these aren't doing me any good sitting in a drawer.

Dave_in_Va

Re: Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by Dave_in_Va on Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:15 pm

I picked up a NOS Mullard to try in the center position of my VTA ST-70. I didn't notice much if any difference between it and my RCA. I paid $40. Tried it for about an hour.
    Anyone else want to try it for cheap?
    $30 postpaid including Paypal (Continental USA).
    (Comes in the orig. blue Mullard box.)
    I'm in Va.

Downhome Upstate

Audio by Van Alstine Omega II 400 amp

Post by Downhome Upstate on Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:06 am

200 WPC into 8 ohms, mosfet output devices, stable into anything above 2 ohms. Factory trade-in, purchased from AVA in September 2014 after they inspected and extensively bench-tested the unit. Excellent condition, except one heat sink fin is bent (does not affect operation).  $565 shipped to the lower 48.

Current date/time is Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:36 pm