The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Bob Latino
    Admin

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Here in this sticky thread is where you may post any older personal audio related items you may have for sale or you may want. You may NOT advertise any NEW audio related items that you may sell on an ongoing basis on Ebay, Audiogon or any web site. This thread is not to be used for commercial sellers of audio gear. Commercial sellers may, however, advertise any personal used audio gear that they may have. It is helpful if you post a photo of the item. This forum is supposed to be able to host a photo but I have trouble making it work so you will have to host the photo yourself on Photobucket or one of the other free photo hosting web sites. Do not post any ITEMS FOR SALE in the main "basket" of the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum or I will remove the post.

NOTE 1 - If you want to post a FOR SALE item in this thread please hit the "Post Reply" button to add your item IN THIS THREAD. Do not use the "Post New" button. If you hit the "Post New" button, your for sale item will appear in the main body of the forum instead of this thread.

NOTE 2 - After your item has been sold please EDIT your post and mark the item as "SOLD" and I will remove your item from this thread.

Also - After about 1 year I will remove your post whether it has been sold or not ..

Bob

Last edited by Bob Latino on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 13 times in total
    daveshel

Re: Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by daveshel on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:40 pm

PAS parts - front panel and more.

I rebuilt a PAS over the past year and have all the old parts. I don't want to get involved with evilBay, but I'm sure this stuff has some value. Circuit boards, controls, the old style brass front panel, etc.

rsumperl

WANTED: Welbourne Labs kit or PCB for Dynaco

Post by rsumperl on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Good afternoon,
    I am looking for a Welbourne Labs kit or PCB for the Dynaco ST-70 or MK III.

Thanks
    Ray
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi Ray,

Welbourne Labs is no more ... There were many complaints in the past 3 years against Welbourne Labs for taking money and not shipping the products. As a result of the many complaints, Welbourne Labs closed down sometime last year. See links below ..

Welbourne Labs beware

Better Business Bureau and 8 Welbourne Labs complaints

If you are looking for a board for any Dynaco tube amp consider the VTA driver board ..

Bob
    j beede

Pair of Penta KT-88 "coke bottles" $70 shipped to US48

Post by j beede on Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:06 pm

I have a pair of Penta KT-88 "coke bottles" that both measure "90" on my B&K 707. $70 includes shipping to US48.

Last edited by j beede on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bob Weston

Dynaco Mark Vi pair for sale

Post by Bob Weston on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:12 pm

I have a pair of Dynaco Mark VI.
    These amps haven't been turned on for probably 30 years.
    1 of the monoblocks is original and still has 8417 tubes.
    The other does not have the tubes. I used to use it as a guitar amp, and a drink was set on top of the screened case and spilled. 15 years ago, my bass player (a professional electronics buff) re-capped the unit and said that it looked fine. However, this unit has not yet been turned-on, and still does not have the 8417s. I'm going to dig it out of storage to see if the other tubes are still intact.
    Honesty being the best policy - I'd like to sell these to someone who appreciates them and who can put them to good use.
    Originally, I used these amps in an elaborate stereo system. I worked at a stereo store then (about 40 years ago), and I was "really into it".
    So I found this forum and thought I'd present this.
    Please email me if you are interested."

doncrossman

Post by doncrossman on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi All
    i am looking for a pair of original a431 trannies so i can complete a set of mono blocks . i know that i can get new ones. i prefer to have originals.

tweed

Post by tweed on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:36 am

Have a pair of these PHILIPS 5R4GYS MADE IN HOLLAND rectifiers from Upscale audio.

Purchased them for a piece of equipment that did not work out so the tubes are new in box. Selling for $100 each/ paid 139.00.

email tweeden@yahoo.com

chefla

M125 monbolocks for sale Any Interest

Post by chefla on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:48 pm

unfortunately I have to sell my 2 m125 amps.  They have kt88 gold lions and wz68 weber copper caps.

The price is $500 Each with no tubes. buyer pays actual shipping costs to be determined at time of sale.

The gz33's in two of the photos are not included.

Last edited by chefla on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Peter W.

OT - Solid-State Dynaco ST-120s

Post by Peter W. on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:07 am

So as to make NO confusing statements - I am writing of SOLID-STATE ST120s made from the late 1960s through the demise of Dynaco.

I snagged four (4) of these at Kutztown in May, all in some greater or lesser degree of non-function but all entirely restorable. My intent is to restore them to "full" TIP-Mod status, basic description here:

http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco/components/ST120/tipmod.html

There is more sometimes, depending on the vintage of the original iron. I match transistors between and within channels, and screen capacitors as well. output transistors are socketed. The covers are typically re-painted with black hammertone, and the plated bottoms cleaned to the extent possible. I also have one (1) ready to go at this time. Pictures available on request.

These make excellent shop-amps, second-system amps and with the TIP-Mod are far more stable than OEM and no slouches at all in performance. Possibly a "summer" amp as when properly modified, they run fairly cool.

For an additional $75, I will also do the upgraded self-resetting power-supply modification.

Generally, I get about $125 + shipping - across a range from as little as $105 to as much as $250 depending on a) Cosmetics and b) additional mods as requested (and there are more than a few).

Or one may purchase a rough carcass for $50 and up with only the power-transformer guaranteed, and do the mods directly. It is not rocket science and most mods may be purchased as drop-in items - boards, cap assemblies and such - albeit at some cost.

westcoast-1

Post by westcoast-1 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:35 am

Peter W. wrote:So as to make NO confusing statements - I am writing of SOLID-STATE ST120s made from the late 1960s through the demise of Dynaco.

I snagged four (4) of these at Kutztown in May, all in some greater or lesser degree of non-function but all entirely restorable. My intent is to restore them to "full" TIP-Mod status, basic description here:

http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco/components/ST120/tipmod.html  

There is more sometimes, depending on the vintage of the original iron. I match transistors between and within channels, and screen capacitors as well. output transistors are socketed. The covers are typically re-painted with black hammertone, and the plated bottoms cleaned to the extent possible. I also have one (1) ready to go at this time. Pictures available on request.

These make excellent shop-amps, second-system amps and with the TIP-Mod are far more stable than OEM and no slouches at all in performance. Possibly a "summer" amp as when properly modified, they run fairly cool.

For an additional $75, I will also do the upgraded self-resetting power-supply modification.

Generally, I get about $125 + shipping - across a range from as little as $105 to as much as $250 depending on a) Cosmetics and b) additional mods as requested (and there are more than a few).

Or one may purchase a rough carcass for $50 and up with only the power-transformer guaranteed, and do the mods directly. It is not rocket science and most mods may be purchased as drop-in items - boards, cap assemblies and such - albeit at some cost.

'pm' sent you, thanks.
    deepee99

Anybody need a pile of wire? Almost Free to a good home

Post by deepee99 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:49 pm

I have interconnects (mostly BJC Belden), ranging from a half-meter to several feet, several 8-10- foot speaker cable pairs of Belden and Canares with assorted and/or no terminations, some shielded "digital" RCA-ended stuff that works just fine passing analogue, various XLR cables and even a TOSLINK optical cable or two (short runs). Think there's even a spool of unused 4-conductor Canares in there.
    None of these are rejects but they seem to be growing like snakes in the basement as I pare down cabling from what I thought I wanted to what I need as the listening room has been re-arranged. Two tightly-wrapped sound systems are good enough for any house.
    Price? $100 for the personal grief of getting all this stuff into a reasonably-sized box, plus postage, which ain't gonna be cheap given that copper is not light. But you'll come out for about 10 cents on the buck were you to pay retail.
    Don't ask me for individual cables; the boxing-shipping hassle is not worth it to me. It's all or nothing.
    e-mail me at 999silver@gmail.com if you want a photo of this mess.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 am