The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

PC3a resistor choices

dmag
    dmag

PC3a resistor choices Empty PC3a resistor choices

Post by dmag Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:11 am

Gentlemen,
    I currently am using a VTA ST70 in my system. Pio caps etc.
    I also have another st70 I'll keep reasonably stock, that will be getting a 7199 circuit driver board.
    The old board , a replacement, has carbon film resistors, and metal oxide in the higher wattage positions
    Coupling caps are 716 orange drop.
    All in all sounds pretty good.
    I would like to take the opportunity to experiment a little with a mix of new carbon comp and metal film .
    From what I read metal film is a must in the "grid to ground", and perhaps a couple other positions.

Is this reasonable? If so,what are the positions where metal film is best,and what are the functions of the given resistors.
    Also should I stick with the 716's or would it be worth using something else like k40y pios in the circuit.

As for the VTA amp, Is the new octal driver a worthwhile upgrade over my current board? I was unable to see a rev. number on it but its slightly different from your pictured "classic" board. Id guess I did it about two years ago.
    Thanks in advance

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 pm