The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

PAS Filament current

Scot_B
    Scot_B

PAS Filament current   Empty PAS Filament current

Post by Scot_B Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:05 pm

I see that I can save on current consumed by switching up to the LED mod vs the standard bulb. Seems like a good move rather than replacing the old burned out bulb.  This has me thinking,  I don’t use the phono or tape inputs that belong to the PC-6 card, could I get away with pulling the 12AX7’s on it without modifying the PAS and achieve even better filament current savings and not adversely affect the line card performance ?
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

PAS Filament current   Empty Re: PAS Filament current

Post by Bob Latino Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:22 pm

You could pull those 12AX7 tubes on the phono board - BUT - then the other two line stage 12AX7's would be working at somewhat higher voltages which *could* shorten their life. What I might do is put a couple of cheapie Chinese 12AX7's on the phono board and save the better (Telefunken original ?) 12AX7's that are on the phono board now.

Bob

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:09 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Scot_B
    Scot_B

Post by Scot_B Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:24 pm

Seemed like a good idea... I think I'll leave the tubes alone, and just replace the burned out bulb with the LED kit...

Thanks for the responses

Scot

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:44 pm