The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Dynaco VTA tube amp kits, all Tubes4hifi.com products and all Dynakitparts.com products

Sophia Electric > "Virginia, USA" - yeah sure ..

Tube Nube

Re: Sophia Electric > "Virginia, USA" - yeah sure ..

Post by Tube Nube on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:17 pm

I might enlist the services of VT'Dog to re write the copy on my professional website.

vtshopdog

Post by vtshopdog on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:40 pm

Tube Nube wrote:I might enlist the services of VT'Dog to re write the copy on my professional website.

Too late.  Virginia USA called and hired me.  We are doubling the price of all products now that the prestigious Institute of Ionic Electroflux Purification has confirmed the efficacy of our patent pending technology with a very scientific study that cannot be released to the general public.  

GP49

Post by GP49 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:41 pm

pedrocols wrote:In this review the author says "Opening up the 126S chassis I saw a well laid out clutter free interior with point to point wiring." Click>> What a Joke

Not only does review author A. Anthony Nicosia have no standards for build quality, he also lacks criteria for evaluating electronic design:

"... The 126S...the ‘S' standing for cathode self-biasing, always a plus when dealing with tube amplifiers. I have one amplifier where you must take off the bottom to get inside to adjust bias, another is done on the rear of the unit while a third is self-biasing, and I prefer the later. (sp)..."

What he is saying is, "I like it because I like it."

Mr. Zenith

Post by Mr. Zenith on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

vtshopdog wrote:Too late.  Virginia USA called and hired me.  We are doubling the price of all products now that the prestigious Institute of Ionic Electroflux Purification has confirmed the efficacy of our patent pending technology with a very scientific study that cannot be released to the general public.

On the contrary - you should definitely release it to the general public as a "white paper".  You've obviously already mastered the arts of "Electroflux Purification" and the ceramic infusion of composite materials with great efficacy. Just make sure that your catalepticly catalyticly-purified ions are performed most judiciously in a quantum environment. alien

Jokes aside, the wiring shown in the review is both unprofessional and unsafe.  It's something I fully expect to see as a breadboarded test circuit on a DIY workbench. However, for this to exist in a product intended for consumer use is IMHO something approaching criminal.

This thread illustrates how the amp Mr. Samra described in post 21 began arcing at the base of one tube (or as the reviewer described it, "...the amp gasped me a little hiccup").  He's lucky that's all it did.  In the end, the owner walked away happy.  But considering he was out five G's from the start for what amounted to a substandard, breadboarded, ST-70 pseudo-clone in extruded aluminum jewelry - well, I'll put in with you guys that Bob's amps are a much better deal.

Last edited by Mr. Zenith on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarity, typo correction - and because I can't leave well enough alone!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:32 am

Current date/time is Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:32 am