The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Crites Cornscala Speakers

mazeeff

Crites Cornscala Speakers Empty Crites Cornscala Speakers

Post by mazeeff Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:37 am

Like everyone is this hobby, I am constantly searching for that perfect speaker for my Dynakit 70. I am a fan of the Klipsch Heritage series speakers, especially the Cornwalls. I came across these Cornscala's, that seem to merge the best of a La Scala and Cornwall. I see a lot of folks using these with SET amps, and am wondering if anyone here has tried these on a Dynaco. At a little over $1700 a pair, they seem like a pretty good deal.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/cornscala-style-c.html

Mike
    mantha3
    mantha3

Crites Cornscala Speakers Empty Re: Crites Cornscala Speakers

Post by mantha3 Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:22 pm

I Like the Wayne Parham 4PI speaker better. I'd buy that over the CornScala. Go 4PI and buy the JBL 15" woofer model 2226 and the B&C DE250 compression driver. I feel these are better built than what you'd get with the Cornscala.

You go with a pair of 4PI speaker and then flank with a sub woofer or two... Sounds unreal at moderate volume and can rock the house when you want.
    Maintarget
    Maintarget

Post by Maintarget Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:28 pm

Mike,

I love horns and am also interested in the Cornscalas depending on drivers they can be extremely efficient
    I have a set of Kilpsch Heresy that have been using for some time replaced the tweeters with Crites CT 125s and re capped the crossovers I use them with My st-120, KT-120 & 12bh7s man does it sound good!
    Keep us posted on your choice.
    ramon68

Post by ramon68 Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:35 am

What made you choose the Crite C over the others? I was interested in the D as a 2 way with less complexity. Haven't built it, though.
    mazeeff

Post by mazeeff Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:11 am

ramon68 wrote:What made you choose the Crite C over the others? I was interested in the D as a 2 way with less complexity. Haven't built it, though.

The price of both the "C" and "D" models is almost the same. I guess that I was driven by the reviews of the "C" model, and it looks more impressive than the "D"!

Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:11 am