The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Tekton Design Speakers ... Check them out if you are in the market for new speakers

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Tekton Design Speakers ... Check them out if you are in the market for new speakers Empty Tekton Design Speakers ... Check them out if you are in the market for new speakers

Post by Bob Latino Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:20 pm

I have had a some customers over the past few years mention to me about their Tekton Design Speakers. This is a company that was started by Eric Alexander in Orem, Utah about 10 - 11 years ago. These are very "high value" speakers and like the Tyler Acoustics speakers, they are sold only direct to the customer through the internet. I think the most expensive pair of speakers that he sells are $3000 a pair. The nice thing about the Tekton's is that they are more efficient than the average speaker. Most of them are 95+ dB efficient and will play pretty loud without the need for a lot of amp power. Eric has a patent on his driver design. He claims that "Our revolutionary U.S. patent #9247339 (issued January 26th, 2016) allows us to literally align the moving mass of speaker cones to the harmonic spectra of the musical instruments being played."

I want to make clear that I have personally never heard a pair of Tekton Design Speakers. I do remember though that one customer had his Lore speaker and the other had his Pendragon speaker. If you are in the market for a new pair of speakers, you may want to check out Eric's offerings at the link below ..

Tekton Design Speakers

Bob

ramon68

Tekton Design Speakers ... Check them out if you are in the market for new speakers Empty Re: Tekton Design Speakers ... Check them out if you are in the market for new speakers

Post by ramon68 Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:57 pm

I have a pair of Tekton Lores. They cost $1000 a pair and they aren't perfect, but for the price, they are hard to beat.
    If you've never lived with 98db efficient speakers that will play deep bass, you are in for a surprise.
    tweed

Tekton Design Speakers ... Check them out if you are in the market for new speakers Empty Re: Tekton Design Speakers ... Check them out if you are in the market for new speakers

Post by tweed Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:28 am

Eric builds a very nice speaker. I have had his Lore-S model and spoke with him about his new offerings which he was very excited about. If I were looking for a new speaker, I would surely be thinking about one of his new designs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:01 pm