The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Digital Sources and Noise Filters

Kramer
    Kramer

Digital Sources and Noise Filters  Empty Digital Sources and Noise Filters

Post by Kramer Mon May 13, 2019 9:34 pm

I just want to share some info on these cool little devices I just recently discovered for people using digital sources. Ifi is the brand and the two I have tried with great results are the ipurifier3 and the isilencer both usb filters but they make a few other types.  I know a few people on here use digital sources and these are definitely worth a try. I thought I already had a black background but these little filters really made a noticible difference and are not too bad on the wallet. Anyway figured it was worth sharing, interested to know if other people here have tried them already? Link below

https://ifi-audio.com/
    dtroise

Digital Sources and Noise Filters  Empty Re: Digital Sources and Noise Filters

Post by dtroise Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi
    I use the Ifi  nano dac and I was wondering if those filters would add anything to the dac or if it would just be redundant. What dac are you using?

Donald
    Kramer
    Kramer

Post by Kramer Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:49 am

They are used to reduce noise and jitter from digital sources. I use a SMSL M8a DAC with a aftermarket linear power supply. The power supply definitely helps reduce the noise floor but I use additional DC filters on the incoming power to my music player and another to the DAC. I use the smaller filters on each end of the usb cable from the source to DAC. Each filter seemed to reduce the noise further and allow the fine details in the music to shine through even better each one I added. I think they’re a great addition to any digital system and recommend at least testing one of the cheaper ones so you can see how they work in your own system. The Jitterbug is another good one but the ifi seem to have slightly better build quality and are smaller if usb space is tight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 am