The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Beautiful Sound of my VTA-ST120drt1 Part 1

jimmeq
    jimmeq

Beautiful Sound of my VTA-ST120drt1 Part 1 Empty Beautiful Sound of my VTA-ST120drt1 Part 1

Post by jimmeq Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:28 pm

After using the VTA over an extended weekend, and for the first time since I assembled my ST-120 in January 2017, I did some actual critical listening. Meaning I had the speakers 24" from the rear walls, toed-in 21 degrees using the iPhone Speaker Angle app and was sitting in the sweet spot of the measured equilateral triangle. While I have many serious listening sessions, this was the first where I did the afore mentioned obsessive tweaks with speaker positioning. The ST-120 was even more musical than I have been used to. Sparkling, airy and more 3 dimensional depth and height. I became more immersed in the sound. (I once read a skier's description about how beautiful the scenery was by stating that if he saw a Unicorn it would not have been out of place.) That's how I would describe my experience with the VTA-120. "While listening to the VTA ST-120 if I were to see a Unicorn in my yard, it would not seem out of place." Of course, I'm preaching to the choir; you all know the feeling. I thought it might be good to post this as too often I'm posting looking for help. So this is that post.
    Rbertalotto

Beautiful Sound of my VTA-ST120drt1 Part 1 Empty Re: Beautiful Sound of my VTA-ST120drt1 Part 1

Post by Rbertalotto Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:41 pm

Well said! Thank You!
    corndog71
    corndog71

Beautiful Sound of my VTA-ST120drt1 Part 1 Empty Re: Beautiful Sound of my VTA-ST120drt1 Part 1

Post by corndog71 Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:00 pm

Try this.

Section1 likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 04, 2024 4:24 am