The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Sudden intense buzzing ST 70

Skantily

Sudden intense buzzing ST 70 Empty Sudden intense buzzing ST 70

Post by Skantily Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:16 pm

Hi All
    I am a new hifi listener, and put together a system with the help of an expert friend. I’ve been listening to the Dynaco ST70 amp (purchased rebuilt in great condition on eBay with new genalex tubes) with Klipsch heresy speakers and an nad preamp. All has been great for a month or so And then the Actual amp suddenly started intensely buzzing and rupturing the sound.) I noticed that one tube was out, but the sound sounds like it’s coming out of the transformers, and is more intense when I slightly lift/touch the unit. I’m waiting on a new tube but a friend is telling me that it seems unusual for it to make that sound if one tube is out. Any ideas of how to remedy this? The OHMs are matched correctly and the amp sounded amazing till now. any advice much appreciated. Thank you!
    WLT
    WLT

Sudden intense buzzing ST 70 Empty Re: Sudden intense buzzing ST 70

Post by WLT Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:13 am

This section of the forum is for showing photos. Please remove your post to the Basket section and you will get many more responses.
    Skantily

Post by Skantily Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:16 pm

not sure how to erase the post - could only edit. Reposting in Basket.

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 pm