The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+4
DavidR
New2Tubez
Brap
Bob Latino
8 posters

Newsensor/Electro-Harmonix has this notification on their web site

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Newsensor/Electro-Harmonix has this notification on their web site Empty Newsensor/Electro-Harmonix has this notification on their web site

Post by Bob Latino Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:58 pm

Three days ago Newsensor which is now "Electro-Harmonix" placed the statement below regarding Russian tubes on their web site ..

"On March 11, 2022, Russia imposed a ban on the export of some 200 goods in response to the sanctions imposed on it over the current conflict in Ukraine. We have confirmed that the ban applies to our seven brands of Russian tubes. Currently, the ban is set to remain in effect until the end of the calendar year.

Given this export ban, we will not be receiving any further tube inventory for these brands. A myriad of pressures — including continued strains on the supply chain, escalating internal expenses, mounting inflation, and an ever-evolving legal landscape (particularly in light of the Ukraine conflict) — have created a very fluid and ambiguous environment. Until we can properly assess the impact of these factors, we will not honor any new orders or ship any more Russian tubes on back order."

If this statement holds true, Russian tubes like Electro-Harmonix, Tung-Sol and (new) Mullard tubes won't be shipped out of Russia until sometime next year. As these brands dry up, Russian tubes, especially output tubes, will probably become more scarce. Russian output tubes like EL34, 6550, KT88 and KT120 have already started to rise in price for the last 2 - 3 weeks. It is difficult to say exactly what will happen but if your output tubes are worn, I would buy new tubes now.

Bob

cci1492 and DavidR like this post

Brap
    Brap

Newsensor/Electro-Harmonix has this notification on their web site Empty Re: Newsensor/Electro-Harmonix has this notification on their web site

Post by Brap Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:14 pm

I ordered up some Gold Lion KT-66's from a reputable 6 weeks ago and they came back last week stating the same. Used prices are skyrocketing now
    New2Tubez

Newsensor/Electro-Harmonix has this notification on their web site Empty Re: Newsensor/Electro-Harmonix has this notification on their web site

Post by New2Tubez Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:17 am

Just saw this on another forum!

EHX has worked something out. They will start up again in April but prices will increase.

https://shop.ehx.com/russian-tubes/

cci1492 likes this post

Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:36 am

Per Bob's recommendation, going to give Nesstone 6550's a whirl. Will advise my impressions. Replacing 8 year old GL KT-66's that still run excellent but they have some hours on them.
    New2Tubez

Post by New2Tubez Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:13 pm

Try here: http://www.mcshanedesign.net/tubes.htm

GL KT66 160 per quad. He's very backed up but give it a shot.

Just a satisfied customer, btw
    DavidR
    DavidR

Post by DavidR Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:23 pm

These get good reviews.
    https://www.vivatubes.com/new-matched-quad-4-psvane-kt88-t-classic-mkii-ii-series-vacuum-tubes/

I use Psvane 12AX7 in a tube CD player. Nice tone. Need some hours to fully cook. (yes, I know these aren't power tubes).
    buchela

Post by buchela Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:04 pm

WONKA TONKA !!!!! Any more good news ?

cci1492 likes this post

maantje

Post by maantje Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:38 am

That company creates or finds always a reason for one thing: frightening the market with a shortage, but they are always there to help ... at a higher price though. :-(.
    speedyk

Post by speedyk Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:41 pm

Serious question: Is this a chance to start making tubes in the USA again? Are there any manufacturing people left that could teach how to do it?
    rebellovw

Post by rebellovw Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:17 pm

Be sure to let Western Electric know that you are interested in them producing USA made tubes. They are requesting feedback from HIFI and Musicians and Musicians certainly don't want to spend that much on tubes - so hopefully that means they will produce reasonably priced tubes.

https://www.westernelectric.com/expand

Make sure to request reasonable prices.
    speedyk

Post by speedyk Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Looked at the pricing on their equipment. I think they would have a different definition of reasonable. :^)

Thanks for that link, hadn't realised they were still around.
    rebellovw

Post by rebellovw Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:05 pm

speedyk wrote:Looked at the pricing on their equipment. I think they would have a different definition of reasonable. :^)

Thanks for that link, hadn't realised they were still around.

Thanks. If they are going after musicians (I heard about this on gearpage) then their prices must come down. Anyhow - doesn't hurt to ask and show interest.
    New2Tubez

Post by New2Tubez Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:44 pm

Out of curiosity, I just had a look here-

https://www.vivatubes.com/brand-new-factory-matched-quad-4-tung-sol-reissue-kt120-kt-120-vacuum-tubes/

Matched quad of KT120's $1100.00  I ordered mine 3wks ago for $219.00 from a well known seller on this forum. Oh, and they arrived 4 days later.

Not sure how I could support a seller who gouges like this..?
    rebellovw

Post by rebellovw Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:20 pm

New2Tubez wrote:Out of curiosity, I just had a look here-

https://www.vivatubes.com/brand-new-factory-matched-quad-4-tung-sol-reissue-kt120-kt-120-vacuum-tubes/

Matched quad of KT120's $1100.00  I ordered mine 3wks ago for $219.00 from a well known seller on this forum. Oh, and they arrived 4 days later.

Not sure how I could support a seller who gouges like this..?

I didn't see anything good from vivatubes in the prior post - over 400 bucks for a quad - no thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:20 am