The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

PAS Circuit Question

breading

PAS Circuit Question Empty PAS Circuit Question

Post by breading Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:27 pm

I am attempting to trace an output problem with my PAS. I am unfamiliar with circuitry and want an answer to a very basic question.

Does a line level input signal travel through the phono circuit board prior to going through the line level board? If not, the answer will help me eliminate that board as a source of my problem.
    peterh
    peterh

PAS Circuit Question Empty Re: PAS Circuit Question

Post by peterh Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:59 pm

breading wrote:I am attempting to trace an output problem with my PAS.  I am unfamiliar with circuitry and want an answer to a very basic question.

Does a line level input signal travel through the phono circuit board prior to going through the line level board?  If not, the answer will help me eliminate that board as a source of my problem.
    No. The line level input goes to the selector switch and then the balance pot. From the viper of the
    balance it goes to the volume pot and finally to eyelet 2 & 9 on the line board.

Dave_in_Va likes this post

daveshel
    daveshel

Post by daveshel Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:15 am

No. Unlike an SCA-35 (which is sometimes described as a marriage of an ST-35 and a PAS), the PAS can operate high level sources without the phono board.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:18 pm