The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Purchasing a ST 70 Kit - Not as Easy as I'd Like!

Mr Ridesglide
    Mr Ridesglide

Purchasing a ST 70 Kit - Not as Easy as I'd Like! Empty Purchasing a ST 70 Kit - Not as Easy as I'd Like!

Post by Mr Ridesglide Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:03 pm

Hello All,
    New to the forum, not new to amp building, but new to home audio amp building.
    The best that I have been able to tell, the only two places left to buy kits for these "kits" are tubes4hifi, and Triode.
    Does anyone have any other recommendations? I'd favor the tubes4hifi IF I could purchase one as a kit.
    I found other sites selling "the next great improvement" on ST 70's, but I really want a tube rectifier and would love the octal driver board, along with the ability to swap power tubes.
    I'd be willing to even buy the parts ad hoc from several suppliers and punch my own chassis, wire point to point with the right sfhematics but these kits seem so "authentic" to the originals, that even with some modernization, I'd favor the kits.
    Very open to suggestions -
    thank you!
    Mr Ridesglide
    Mr Ridesglide

Purchasing a ST 70 Kit - Not as Easy as I'd Like! Empty Re: Purchasing a ST 70 Kit - Not as Easy as I'd Like!

Post by Mr Ridesglide Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:29 pm

Update! All great now - tubes4hifi to the rescue - they've got it all under control and we'll get started in a few weeks it sounds like!

knotscott likes this post

Brap
    Brap

Purchasing a ST 70 Kit - Not as Easy as I'd Like! Empty Re: Purchasing a ST 70 Kit - Not as Easy as I'd Like!

Post by Brap Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:24 pm

Good deal. I have looked all over and am very happy with tubesforhifi gear, components, support and this forum. Built my ST-70 11 years ago and still love it. (KT-66's). I often thought about building a 120 for more power but its a "want', not a need. In those want moments, I spend time researching and alwyas come back to this site. You will learn alot here too.

knotscott and Mr Ridesglide like this post

Mr Ridesglide
    Mr Ridesglide

Post by Mr Ridesglide Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:28 pm

Thank you Brad - KT 66 - Interesting! I was just looking at KT 88 (6550) NOS - Yikes these glass bottles cost a bit more than even 4 years or so ago
    Brap
    Brap

Post by Brap Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:04 pm

Check out vacuumtubevalues.com. I got a quad matched set of Gold Lion KT-66's for $270. Not too bad. I think he has 88's for under $4 bills. I was going to do those but 66's have a sweeter sound. Firm believer in Genelex - tried others and wont go back. I run Fritz Carerra BE7 speakers and 35watts is just fine. Good luck!!

Mr Ridesglide likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:08 pm