The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

FM-3 rebuild

baddog1946
    baddog1946

FM-3 rebuild Empty FM-3 rebuild

Post by baddog1946 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:33 am

Hi all:
    I just completed a total ground up rebuild of an FM-3 using Chauncey Epperson's (www.FM3zone.com) motherboard, upgraded power supply and PRC modules as well as all new components from Mouser. This project turned out great and Chauncey's gear and help were first class. I can highly recommend his products as top quality and his backup advice is very knowledgeable.
    The tuner operates with virtually no noise and pulls in stations well. I had bought 6 tuners for parts on eBay and also restored two others but the Epperson modded version is obviously superior in every respect. One of the others also has an Epperson upgrade kit in it without the motherboard which did make a big difference but does not come close to the dead silent motherboard model.
    Anyone considering upgrading or re-doing their FM3 tuner would be well advised to check out his products.
    I will post some pics of this and the other tuners with partial upgrades.
    Westy56
    Westy56

FM-3 rebuild Empty Re: FM-3 rebuild

Post by Westy56 Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:14 am

baddog1946 wrote:Hi all:

Anyone considering upgrading or re-doing their FM3 tuner would be well advised to check out his products.
    I will post some pics of this and the other tuners with partial upgrades.

Thanks for the heads up. My problem with the fm3 is noise.

Steve
    baddog1946
    baddog1946

Post by baddog1946 Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 am

Hi All:
    just checked out the FM-3 site and got in touch with the owner. He says he is upgrading the start page with some software difficulties and you can access his info at:
    baddog1946

http://home.comcast.net/~netminer/FM3ZONE1.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:57 am