The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Another ST-70 gets the treatment....

Sal
    Sal

Another ST-70 gets the treatment.... Empty Another ST-70 gets the treatment....

Post by Sal Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:55 pm

I new customer sent me a ST-70 to restore including a new chassis. Here it is in its exploded state... I'll post photos as I restore this amp including painting the transformers, cleaning the printed circuit board and putting it all back together.

Sal

Another ST-70 gets the treatment.... Bobst70c
    Another ST-70 gets the treatment.... Bobst70d
    mantha3
    mantha3

Another ST-70 gets the treatment.... Empty Re: Another ST-70 gets the treatment....

Post by mantha3 Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:53 am

Interesting... What is that grey transformer to the right of the power trans? A newer output trans?
    Luddite
    Luddite

Another ST-70 gets the treatment.... Empty Re: Another ST-70 gets the treatment....

Post by Luddite Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:53 pm

mantha3 wrote:Interesting... What is that grey transformer to the right of the power trans? A newer output trans?

Mantha,

I believe that it is the potted output transformer that Sal has for sale here: https://dynacotubeaudio.forumotion.com/t115p30-place-for-sale-or-wanted-audio-related-items-in-this-sticky-thread#4345

Best Regards,
    Charlie
    mantha3
    mantha3

Post by mantha3 Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Ahhhh, First time I've seen one of em like that. Newbie
    Luddite
    Luddite

Post by Luddite Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Sal wrote:I new customer sent me a ST-70 to restore including a new chassis. Here it is in its exploded state... I'll post photos as I restore this amp including painting the transformers, cleaning the printed circuit board and putting it all back together.

Sal

Hey Sal, I like that inscription on your workbench! Cool

Best Regards,
    Charlie
    Sal
    Sal

Post by Sal Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks Charlie,
    My daughter wrote that on my bench a year or so ago..

Sal

PS: That transformer on the right was a replacement Dynaco A-470 audio transformer. I located a replacement to match the original transformer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 am