The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by Bob Latino on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:28 pm

Here in this sticky thread is where you may post any older personal audio related items you may have for sale or you may want. You may NOT advertise any NEW audio related items that you may sell on an ongoing basis on Ebay, Audiogon or any web site. This thread is not to be used for commercial sellers of audio gear. Commercial sellers may, however, advertise any personal used audio gear that they may have. It is helpful if you post a photo of the item. This forum is supposed to be able to host a photo but I have trouble making it work so you will have to host the photo yourself on Photobucket or one of the other free photo hosting web sites. Do not post any ITEMS FOR SALE in the main "basket" of the Dynaco Tube Audio Forum or I will remove the post.

NOTE 1 - If you want to post a FOR SALE item in this thread please hit the "Post Reply" button to add your item IN THIS THREAD. Do not use the "Post New" button. If you hit the "Post New" button, your for sale item will appear in the main body of the forum instead of this thread.

NOTE 2 - After your item has been sold please EDIT your post and mark the item as "SOLD" and I will remove your item from this thread.

Also - After about 1 year I will remove your post whether it has been sold or not ..

Bob

Last edited by Bob Latino on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm; edited 13 times in total
    Dave_in_Va
    Dave_in_Va

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty Bob, please delete this post. NO SALE!

Post by Dave_in_Va on Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:18 pm

{Edit: 8/17/20 Still got 'em.}

Made by Mullard Blackburn UK. Labeled Amperex. I think the xf3 would indicate about 1972.

I'm not a tube dealer. I bought a batch of these so I could make sure I had Mullards for my VTA ST 70 until the lights go out. Of course, I now have too many.

These are about the highest quality tubes you can get for an ST 70. I read that these are 10,000 hour tubes but I read that on the internet soooo...

(The boxes are a bit worn with one missing the top flap.)

If you have an older Dynaco these should be fine. For reference I indicated the current draw on each tube in case you want to use these in a Marshall guitar amp or something. They are fairly well matched. I matched them up using a four can Weber Bias Rite with the tubes in a Vox AC 100.

The price including priority mail in the USA is $415. PRICE LOWERED FOR A WEEK and then I'll give up $360 postpaid in the USA

Sorry about the washed out pics. The sunlight was very bright. The last pic was supposed to show the Mullard "holes" in the guide pins.

(I also have a couple of matched pairs.)

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread MQi1ktl

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread TenOtgt

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread TudaMlt

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread 7qgqujW

Last edited by Dave_in_Va on Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:02 am; edited 8 times in total
    j beede
    j beede

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty Dynaco Mk6 tube monoblocks

Post by j beede on Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:49 pm

A pair of Dyna Mk VI a.k.a. Mark 6. I listen to them at least weekly... they play nicely and are well behaved. Fair cosmetics. Meters work. Meter illumination works. Stock circuitry with 6U8 inputs using plug-in adapters in place of 7199. A working set of eight 8714 output tubes is included. They may be run with two 8714 in each amp like a VTA-120 for cooler running in the summer months :-) $2000. For purchase and pick-up in NorCal.

Last edited by j beede on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added details)
    gtmcgar1

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty wanted to buy - mark iii chassis and base

Post by gtmcgar1 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:36 am

Looking for a mark iii chassis and base any condition, this is for repainting so condition not too important.
    I could buy new but trying to make a pair.

regards Gordon
    MechEngVic
    MechEngVic

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty Re: Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by MechEngVic on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:55 am

WANTED TO BUY: BLACKBURN MADE 6GH8A TUBES

Please dig through your tube stashes for any Blackburn 6GH8A tubes. They are mostly Amperex brand, made by Mullard, Blackburn. I'm willing to buy many if you have them. Or a single. Would really prefer unused NOS. I know a bunch of these have got to be sitting in someone's old TV tube stock, because they were used for that a lot. But they are also the signal tubes for my Dynaco ST-70 Series II, and they are the best sounding of all the 6GH8A's I've tried. I don't want any of the Holland or French made, just the Blackburns. This is your chance to get rid of tubes you will probably never use and make a few bucks. Designation: AAC4, factory code: Bxxx. Thanks.

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread HsUo6hD

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread 09uK7tR

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread YIic4sI
    tubes4hifi
    tubes4hifi
    Admin

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty Re: Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread

Post by tubes4hifi on Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:03 pm

sellers, don't forget to edit or delete your post when it's sold
    ikir

Post by ikir on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:40 pm

If anyone would like to sell their M-125s monoblocks - please let me know Very Happy
    tubes4hifi
    tubes4hifi
    Admin

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty summer clearance sale

Post by tubes4hifi on Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:06 pm

time to clean out my work area, lots of goodies, email (or PM) me for details on any of these . .

1 - preamp prototype, no tubes, 120 step digital volume control with remote control (same one used in $5000+ preamps), 4 inputs
           in a 12x12x3" chassis, blue flourescent display $300  can add SP11 tube preamp to it easily
    Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Z13
    2 - Marantz HD type circuit in a nice preamp, 11x7x2.5"  $200
    Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Z12

Roy    
    Tubes4HiFi.com

Last edited by tubes4hifi on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

BeerRover likes this post

truthspeaker

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty Wanted : PAS 4 Volume Control Knob

Post by truthspeaker on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:31 am

Looking for PAS 4 Volume Control Knob (Clear over Black). Will pay : ) Thanks!

truthspeaker likes this post

pedrocols
    pedrocols

Post by pedrocols on Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:14 pm

I have for sale a Audio GD NFB-10.33. Asking price is $400 plus shipping. http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1033/NFB10.33EN.htm
    Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread E3451D5FFC9B422CA0F2950B7DA58DC4
    Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread 5F95F6E4AEBB487E822E08CC29B9521D
    B&WTube

Post by B&WTube on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:06 pm

WTB: VTA120.
    I tried to buy one from a guy in New York, who had one on eBay, but he never would answer if he would ship it to me. It was 1 year old, and came with tubes and cage for $1,199. Looking for the same deal.
    truthspeaker

Post by truthspeaker on Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:17 pm

PAS-4 and Stereo 400 Series 2 for sale.

"STEREO 400 Series 2

When DYNACO introduced the original series 400 during the “power wars" of the early 1970s, it was soon recognized as a breakthrough in audio technology and went on to become the best-selling high-power amplifier of the 70’s – perhaps of all time. Tens of thousands of original STEREO 400’s are still satisfying listeners around the globe, proof of DYNACO’s reliability.

Then DYNACO introduced the STEREO 400 series 2, featuring 200 Watts of state-of-the-art amplification per channel and the uncanny ability to reproduce music with stunning realism. Like the PAS-4, it was 100% conceived, engineered and manufactured in the USA. The redesigned STEREO 400 Series 2 set a new standard for great performance at a reasonable price.

The STEREO 400 Series 2 easily outperformed all other amplifiers in its price range and challenged amplifiers costing two or three times more. In addition, DYNACO  engineers created a new feature for the STEREO 400 Series 2 not found on any other amplifier. A switch on the front panel lets you select between "Normal Current" for easy to drive 8 ohm loads and "High Current" for more difficult low impedance speakers. Based upon where the speaker and RCA input terminals are located, I suspect it is a Dual-Mono design."

Please see my eBay ad titled:

DYNACO PAS-4 Preamp and DYNACO STEREO 400 Series 2 Amplifier

Thanks to all who are interested
    pedrocols
    pedrocols

Post by pedrocols on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:34 pm

How Much?
    truthspeaker wrote:"STEREO 400 Series 2

When DYNACO introduced the original series 400 during the “power wars" of the early 1970s, it was soon recognized as a breakthrough in audio technology and went on to become the best-selling high-power amplifier of the 70’s – perhaps of all time. Tens of thousands of original STEREO 400’s are still satisfying listeners around the globe, proof of DYNACO’s reliability.

Then DYNACO introduced the STEREO 400 series 2, featuring 200 Watts of state-of-the-art amplification per channel and the uncanny ability to reproduce music with stunning realism. Like the PAS-4, it was 100% conceived, engineered and manufactured in the USA. The redesigned STEREO 400 Series 2 set a new standard for great performance at a reasonable price.

The STEREO 400 Series 2 easily outperformed all other amplifiers in its price range and challenged amplifiers costing two or three times more. In addition, DYNACO  engineers created a new feature for the STEREO 400 Series 2 not found on any other amplifier. A switch on the front panel lets you select between "Normal Current" for easy to drive 8 ohm loads and "High Current" for more difficult low impedance speakers. Based upon where the speaker and RCA input terminals are located, I suspect it is a Dual-Mono design."

truthspeaker

Post by truthspeaker on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:52 pm

It’s an EBay auction....that would be telling....
    peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:01 am

truthspeaker wrote:"STEREO 400 Series 2

Can you post a link to the ebay auktion ? A search of teh above gives no match
    Dave_in_Va
    Dave_in_Va

Post by Dave_in_Va on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:48 am

WLT
    WLT

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty Dynaco MK IIs wider board replacements

Post by WLT on Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:50 pm

I have a pair of the early Dyna MK IIs with the wider boards. Mine were broken and missing traces that had to be jumpered around. I worked with an AWA memeber who has a computer program to layout circuit boards. I gave him all the dimensions and commented on parts sizing as we went along. Once complete I used his Gerber and Drill files to have a vendor build me 20 new boards. These are the original circuit from Dynaco as shipped in 1955. If you have these early boards you will know they do not exactly match the schematic in the manual. No 25 pF capacitor. The new boards fit fine and work great. As you can see in the pictures the are green not reddish brown but much better quality boards. As you can see in picture 2411 the parts placement is very close to the original layout. I did not have to change any wiring inside the chassis to reconnect the leads. I have more pictures if you want them.

I am offering these for $8 each or 2 for $15 which would include shipping. I used two boards so when supplies run out this add will be removed. Contact me via instant messenger to discuss details. Thanks and I hope this is of some help to those that need it.

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Img_2413
    Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Img_2414
    Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Img_2415
    teddy-boy51

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty Tube phono preamp wanted

Post by teddy-boy51 on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:06 am

Hi,
    I am looking for a great phono preamp to use with my new Hana ml moving coil which is the next step up from my older Hana sl. Presently I am using a Vincent Audio Pho 701 tube hybrid . While that preamp sounds nice, I want to upgrade to something better...tube set up please and must have switchable loading for MC cartridges. Can anyone help me out?
    Ted
    tmr1951@hotmail.com

Last edited by teddy-boy51 on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add more details)
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:14 am

teddy-boy51 wrote:Hi,
    I am looking for a great phono preamp to use with my new Hana ml moving coil which is the next step up from my older Hana sl. Presently I am using a Vincent Audio Pho 701 tube hybrid . While that preamp sounds nice, I want to upgrade to something better...tube set up please and must have switchable loading for MC cartridges. Can anyone help me out?
    Ted
    tmr1951@hotmail.com

Hi Ted,

You should check out our VTA PH-16 phono preamp (kit or wired) at the link below ..

VTA PH-16 phono preamp

Bob

wildiowa

Place FOR SALE or WANTED audio related items in this STICKY thread Empty Time to let my Dynas go

Post by wildiowa on Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:28 am

At my age, and since the kids do not share my enthusiasm for tube amps, it is perhaps time to get my Dynas moved to a new generation to enjoy and tinker. I have two Mark IIIs and an ST70 that I have owned for many years and originally used in sound reinforcement and live shows, so there are some cosmetic issues. All have been recapped w/diode mods and still have the original boards. I built one Mark III from the original kit so I have some emotional attachment I guess.

But they probably should go. If interested please contact me at:

jscherle@netins.net

... it is easier to correspond and send photos etc. on my email. Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:54 pm