The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo Empty my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:42 pm

here are some photo's of my restored Arkay FM-8 tuner I got off 'that' auction site. I dismantled it, cleaned it, replace some resistors and caps, sprayed the main chassis, front chassis surround and transformer, replaced most tubes and added a wooden base, wooden base is courtesy Walmart hard wood chopping block which I cut to size and stained. Works a charm, unfortunately, out here, FM reception is not the best due to the mountains, anyone good a good idea about an FM signal booster amp or something?

The last photo is my current setup.

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo Mystereo1_zps5a2372ad

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo Mystereo2_zpsd3e82aae

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo Mystereo3_zps83601065

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo Mystereo4_zps7383ae0a
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo Empty Re: my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo

Post by arledgsc Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:59 pm

Beautiful! Well done!
    mark four
    mark four

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo Empty arkay tuner

Post by mark four Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:39 pm

very nicely done . good looking setup , too . i just have a terk antenna it is flat panel about this size of  2 decks of cards . anybody remember them from the seventies  . the fisher fm90x is my tuner of choice  . you might need some kind of powered antenna .
    Pillo69
    Pillo69

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo Empty Re: my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo

Post by Pillo69 Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:03 pm

Although this forum is Dynaco, I like your tuner Arkay, also its general configuration.

I am setting up me a second team, in this case Mono, it consists of a BELL 2200B amp and a tuner Harman Kardon F10.

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo DSC_0252_1

my refurbished Arkay FM tuner & stereo DSC_0253_1
    Tom

Post by Tom Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:37 am

Pillo - I've got that same mono reciever in my garage, a yard sale special for $5.

Doesn't work and I've not been able to fix it with simple stuff like changing out the old tubes and caps. Dang.

Nice to see another one though. Smile
    Pillo69
    Pillo69

Post by Pillo69 Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Tom wrote:Pillo - I've got that same mono reciever in my garage, a yard sale special for $5.  

Doesn't work and I've not been able to fix it with simple stuff like changing out the old tubes and caps.  Dang.  

Nice to see another one though.  Smile

This has very good reception. I acquired it in your country for $18.

In the following link you have the manual and schema.

http://www.harmankardon.com/images/media/F10_OM_EN.pdf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:40 am