The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Tubes for Dynaco Pas 3 Series II

TXFlyGuy
    TXFlyGuy

Tubes for Dynaco Pas 3 Series II Empty Tubes for Dynaco Pas 3 Series II

Post by TXFlyGuy Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:27 pm

I have a Dynaco Pas 3 Series II pre-amp built by Sound Valves. Are there any other tubes recommended for this besides the supplied Sovtek's? This is a very good unit and I was looking to upgrade the tubes. Does anyone else have this pre-amp, or no someone that does?
    Thank you for your help!
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Tubes for Dynaco Pas 3 Series II Empty Re: Tubes for Dynaco Pas 3 Series II

Post by Bob Latino Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:46 am

TXFlyGuy wrote:I have a Dynaco Pas 3 Series II pre-amp built by Sound Valves. Are there any other tubes recommended for this besides the supplied Sovtek's? This is a very good unit and I was looking to upgrade the tubes. Does anyone else have this pre-amp, or no someone that does?
    Thank you for your help!

Hi TXFlyGuy,

The PAS-3 uses FOUR 12AX7 tubes
    The PAS-3 Series II (I believe) uses SIX 12AX7 tubes

What I might try to do is locate some NOS or "like new" Telefunken 12AX7 tubes to replace the Sovtek tubes in your preamp. They will be expensive ($30 - $50 a tube) but should make a noticeable difference in sound quality over the tubes you are using now ..

Not too many people have seen the PAS-3 Series II. See if you can post a photo of your preamp here on the forum. If you can't post a photo then send me a photo of your preamp as an attached file to an Email > Bob01605@aol.com and I will post it up here for the other forum members to see ..

Bob
    GP49

Post by GP49 Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:57 pm

...and for those who don't know, 12AX7 tubes that are imprinted with the DYNACO brand or The Fisher are Telefunken.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi,

I would like to thank TXFlyGuy for providing some photos of the rarely seen Dynaco PAS-3 Series II preamp. A completely different front face and a different circuit than the PAS-3. Better built than the original PAS-3. Check the composite photo below for a quick look at the PAS-3 Series II preamp from Dynaco/Panor.

Bob

Tubes for Dynaco Pas 3 Series II PAS-3seriesIIcomposite

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm