The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Dynaco font

tubesman

Dynaco font Empty Dynaco font

Post by tubesman Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:27 am

I am doing a restore on a pair of Mk iv. It will involve striping it to the chassis and cleaning the metal to a shine and rewiring, probably new sockets and other new parts. I'm sure the silkscreen labels will scrub off. So I was wondering what font is it and what size is it so I can try and replace it. Thanks!
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Dynaco font Empty Re: Dynaco font

Post by Peter W. Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:33 am

tubesman wrote:I am doing a restore on a pair of Mk iv. It will involve striping it to the chassis and cleaning the metal to a shine and rewiring, probably new sockets and other new parts. I'm sure the silkscreen labels will scrub off. So I was wondering what font is it and what size is it so I can try and replace  it. Thanks!

http://typodermicfonts.com/quadaptor/

Go here.
    WLT
    WLT

Post by WLT Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:43 am

I have no help on the font- sorry. If the surfaces are pitted then they will not restore really well anyway. Stripping them is certainly better than leaving them grungy but pitting is pitting and it will come back.

Assuming the pitting is minimal. Does the back edge of the amp need to be stripped that badly? You could first try to use some of the better polishes. They may leave a good portion (or all) of the lettering intact and yet make the surface look good. I have had good luck with Simichrome and now use Maas.
    DynakitParts
    DynakitParts

Dynaco font Empty Pair of MK IV Chassis Blems

Post by DynakitParts Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:03 pm