The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

5 posters

It's Not Just Electro-Harmonix, Our Hobby in Standstill

jwb474

It's Not Just Electro-Harmonix, Our Hobby in Standstill Empty It's Not Just Electro-Harmonix, Our Hobby in Standstill

Post by jwb474 Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:06 am

After reading the Electro-Harmonix notification I checked the Tube Depot site, whom I have used for years, and all of the Power tubes that I normally buy are no longer for sale at this time. When I do find another source the price is no longer within my range.

It's not just Tubes, I check Dynakits and almost all Transformers and Chassis are out of stock and the posted price at this time is way up there, can't imagine what they will be when in stock.

Around 3 years ago I started my new built of a couple of MK3s and a PAS. I collected all of the Chassis, Covers and Magnetics needed. Glad I did cause today I could not start such a project. I even got the VTA MK3 drivers and acrilic covers a few years back. A few months ago I stocked up on all of the tubes for maintenance, glad I did.

I suspect that used Dynaco on Ebay is going to styrocket.

With the Guitar and Hi-Fi tube requirements it seems that there should a a market for at least 1 manufacture of tubes in the free world.
    peterh
    peterh

It's Not Just Electro-Harmonix, Our Hobby in Standstill Empty Re: It's Not Just Electro-Harmonix, Our Hobby in Standstill

Post by peterh Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:17 am

jwb474 wrote:After reading the Electro-Harmonix notification I checked the Tube Depot site, whom I have used for years, and all of the Power tubes that I normally buy are no longer for sale at this time. When I do find another source the price is no longer within my range.

It's not just Tubes, I check Dynakits and almost all Transformers and Chassis are out of stock and the posted price at this time is way up there, can't imagine what they will be when in stock.

Around 3 years ago I started my new built of a couple of MK3s and a PAS. I collected all of the Chassis, Covers and Magnetics needed. Glad I did cause today I could not start such a project. I even got the VTA MK3 drivers and acrilic covers a few years back. A few months ago I stocked up on all of the tubes for maintenance, glad I did.

I suspect that used Dynaco on Ebay is going to styrocket.

With the Guitar and Hi-Fi tube requirements it seems that there should a a market for at least 1 manufacture of tubes in the free world.
    There is : JJ
    jwb474

It's Not Just Electro-Harmonix, Our Hobby in Standstill Empty Re: It's Not Just Electro-Harmonix, Our Hobby in Standstill

Post by jwb474 Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:53 am

Thanks for the info about JJ. They are in the Slovak Republic and their location is where I would not want to be. Putin does not intend to stop at the Ukrane.
    The JJ KT88 and 6550 are not for sale on the Tube Depot site.
    Lets hope for the best in that part of the world.
    peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:45 am

jwb474 wrote:Thanks for the info about JJ. They are in the Slovak Republic and their location is where I would not want to be. Putin does not intend to stop at the Ukrane.
    JJ tubes are available at eurotubes.com ( within US )

As for putler, i think he is finished, it's just a matter of time to have him replaced, unfortently
    we will not see him at war criminal tribune in haag.
    thevic24

Post by thevic24 Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:44 pm

The sad thing is that TubeDepo is sitting on their supply. There is NO WAY they sold out of ALL of their Russian supplied tubes....all of the main suppliers are doing the same thing.
    They are sitting on inventory that they have already paid for......
    its sad.
    New2Tubez

Post by New2Tubez Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:18 pm

You could try Jim Mc Shane  at  mcshanedesign dot com

He's a friend to this forum. I got his last quad of KT120's. He's very backed up but it's worth a try. He got back to me 2 wks later. He does update the site frequently.
    His prices are quite reasonable as well.
    Tubes4ever
    Tubes4ever

Post by Tubes4ever Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:57 pm

jwb474 wrote:Thanks for the info about JJ. They are in the Slovak Republic and their location is where I would not want to be. Putin does not intend to stop at the Ukrane.

KT88 JJ are for sale at Antique Electronic Supply.

geode likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 pm