The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+19
DarthBubba
harpy
Blitzen
bigsmall
arledgsc
Sprags
Pillo69
Tom
Windup
Maintarget
dubplatecutter
charlief64
GP49
sKiZo
anbitet66
hawaii.ken
buchela
Rich
Bob Latino
23 posters

HD FLAC files as source music files - Some FREE downloads

sKiZo
    sKiZo

HD FLAC files as source music files - Some FREE downloads - Page 5 Empty Re: HD FLAC files as source music files - Some FREE downloads

Post by sKiZo Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Guess I'll "settle" for my Pickering XV15/625E ...

(the sacrifices we make) tongue 

I scored a NOS stylus not too long ago, so I figure I'm good for a while again.

Seems to me Soundsmith is about the only ones still making moving iron cartridges. You can get your very own Sussurro for less than $5K ... wotta deal, eh!!
    skriefal
    skriefal

HD FLAC files as source music files - Some FREE downloads - Page 5 Empty Re: HD FLAC files as source music files - Some FREE downloads

Post by skriefal Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Grado, Nagaoka, and Ortofon make moving iron cartridges.
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Just finished uploading a sampler of songs that are sure to please most.  Funny how with digital music they can't come up with a uniform sound level or even in the ballpark.  The levels vary a bit track-to-track so keep the volume control close if played straight through.

The link will be removed in about two weeks (9-6-13).  The intent is demonstration purposes and without compensation.  Maybe you will be inclined to purchase some of these fine products and make everyone happy.  Enjoy!

Check the boxes next to the Titles, select Download at the top, and Save on your drive.
    sKiZo
    sKiZo

Post by sKiZo Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:51 am

What are you using for a player front end?

Reason I ask, jRiver Media Center does a decent enough job of compensating for varying playback levels. Enable the feature, and it'll then even things out on either an album or playlist. Not perfect - there are exceptions, mostly based on the file format. Good example is Amazon downloads ... their MP3's for whatever reason still tends toward LOUD.

I've been whining at the good folk at jRiver to allow manual editing of the database where the playback levels are stored, but no luck so far. Perseverance, right? I can be pretty annoying when I want to be. Twisted Evil 

Anyway ... it's a free download and real reasonable to buy as it's basically got anything you'd ever want for digital storage and playback.
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:27 am

"What are you using for a player front end"
    I use Foobar2000 with the Anamon Vertigo wrapper to gloss up the presentation and allow remote control through the iPad.  I'm sure Foobar has a method to apply volume level to each track just never tried it.  Being a purist at heart I just run a DAC output straight into the ST-120.   But you are correct MP3s are loud as heck (compressed).  Even CD releases are many times louder versus the same HD release.   I find a lot of HD releases peak at -6dB especially the SACD rips.

Anamon Vertigo wrapper for Foobar2000
    http://www.anamon.eu/shop_content.php?coID=102
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:04 am

Last call for alcohol!  clown   The posted selections will be coming down in a few days (9/8/13).  If you would like to download don't wait too long...

Click the icons below, Check the interested tracks on SkyDrive, then select Download at top, and Save to your drive

hawaii.ken
    hawaii.ken

Post by hawaii.ken Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Thanks for the tunes, Scott Very Happy

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 am